not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Only Rico can win

17 Sep 2019, 12:30

If we dont strike Rico can force these changes on us and those that arent on the dole queue end up with a shitter job.
If we do strike ( which Rico WANTS) it will force the share price down and Rico can recommend that we are sold to DHL and then they can force these changes on us and get rid of the union in one swoop.
Either way Rico wins.

Only Rico can win

17 Sep 2019, 13:25

leolion855 wrote:If we dont strike Rico can force these changes on us and those that arent on the dole queue end up with a shitter job.
If we do strike ( which Rico WANTS) it will force the share price down and Rico can recommend that we are sold to DHL and then they can force these changes on us and get rid of the union in one swoop.
Either way Rico wins.

This thought had also crossed my mind. If Rico is as ruthless as he is portrayed, I can see the workers giving in before he does.
I expect that the RM board had done their research on him before appointing him so it wouldn't surprise me if they are supporting his plans.

Only Rico can win

17 Sep 2019, 13:51

Caesar wrote:
leolion855 wrote:If we dont strike Rico can force these changes on us and those that arent on the dole queue end up with a shitter job.
Either way Rico wins.

This thought had also crossed my mind. If Rico is as ruthless as he is portrayed, I can see the workers giving in before he does.
I expect that the RM board had done their research on him before appointing him so it wouldn't surprise me if they are supporting his plans.

It’s not about him , he works for the shareholders and they won’t want to lose millions.

Only Rico can win

17 Sep 2019, 14:20

Pidleypoo wrote:
It’s not about him , he works for the shareholders and they won’t want to lose millions.

In that case I hope the majority of the shareholders are in it for the short term because I can see Rico's plan paying off for them( not us) in the long term.

Only Rico can win

17 Sep 2019, 15:28

Caesar wrote: I can see the workers giving in before he does.

Yeap me too, one wiff that you'll not be getting your Christmas stamps, strike over & accept everything :arrrghhh

Only Rico can win

17 Sep 2019, 16:09

Either way Rico wins.

Nope, share price will rise as a result of IA, not massively but it will rise due to the money they will save on strike days and as for a sell off to DHL, we will still be unionised, this doesn't change one bit.
Last edited by Phantom on 18 Sep 2019, 10:28, edited 1 time in total.

Only Rico can win

17 Sep 2019, 18:39

Either way Rico wins.

You must be bonkers if you seriously believe that Rico wants us to strike. Some might say that Rico "won" when he picked up his £6 million golden hello - but the very last thing he wants is to force the share price down when he has already invested millions into it! What happens if the share price drops through the roof and doesn't pick up? Rico and the the Royal Mail board might be on more money than us but paradoxically they also have a lot more to lose than we do. As for DHL taking over Royal Mail, why would they if the workers are seen to be out striking?? :hmmmm No company is going to invest in another one unless they can make it excitingly mega profitable. And thats the problem with taking over another company via TUPE is that you also take over all of the existing company's terms and conditions of the workforce as well - apart from the pensions I think. So if a company can't get rid of everybody ASAP and replace them with their own workers on less than minimum wage, then whats the point of investing? Royal Mail also has a USO which further hinders them and they will see us Royal Mail posties delivering letters which they won't see as being profitable.

As for getting rid of the union in one swoop, thats what Rico is trying to do now by ignoring them!! All things considered I feel that your best option is to vote YES. And start budgeting now just case we get rolling strikes by the end of October/beginning of November. Managers will try and talk you out of striking but the truth is you really can't afford not to.

Only Rico can win

17 Sep 2019, 20:27

What do you think the time frame would be if Rico got all the changes he wants .

Only Rico can win

17 Sep 2019, 20:50

some new posters on here methinks wonder what their agenda is :Very Happy
ricos boys f**k off it will be a massive vote YES and be prepared it could get v nasty

Only Rico can win

18 Sep 2019, 10:28

Sputters2017 wrote:What do you think the time frame would be if Rico got all the changes he wants .

None, he won't win.

Only Rico can win

18 Sep 2019, 10:30

Remember this, RM are promoting letters as declining, who would invest in a declining business???? that's why TNT had to pull out because the Lloyds Bank wouldn't back them anymore.

Only Rico can win

28 Sep 2019, 03:04

Phantom wrote:Remember this, RM are promoting letters as declining, who would invest in a declining business???? that's why TNT had to pull out because the Lloyds Bank wouldn't back them anymore.

so what are the postmen delivering ?? Scotch mist ??

same old Royal Mail Lies

Only Rico can win

28 Sep 2019, 06:24

He is a myth he can only do what we allow him to do he is but meet and bone and we are made of stone we will survive him and his myth and he will go home. Everyone thinks this guy is Erwin Rommel. He is nothing of the sort and he got his arse kicked and done himself in the face of those above well I can tell you now they fear us more than we fear them!

Only Rico can win

28 Sep 2019, 14:03

hans solo wrote:some new posters on here methinks wonder what their agenda is :Very Happy
ricos boys f**k off it will be a massive vote YES and be prepared it could get v nasty

The last time I remember it got very nasty was 1988.

I remenber been on a picket line at a large MLO(!) where I started and the venom , hatred and then the Police arrived....
It took a long time if ever for the wounds too heal.

Nope People need too been level headed , self controlled and have Solid Reasoned Arguments.

Thats the only way we will get a satisfactory conclusion to this dispute.

Only Rico can win

28 Sep 2019, 17:21

Binsey wrote:
hans solo wrote:some new posters on here methinks wonder what their agenda is :Very Happy

I remenber been on a picket line at a large MLO(!) where I started and the venom , hatred and then the Police arrived....

Nope People need too been level headed , self controlled and have Solid Reasoned Arguments.

That should be directed at those of the top of ROYALMAIL too as in respect in two days time the hour off the working week will be due or a pay rise for others and in these days of all days why does this guy in charge of ROYALMAIL do these things is it because he has £1 million invested in the business and cannot will not abide by the agreements of the last strike which should extend to next April. One can only look at his tenure he has decimated the top line directors in this company that agreed the last deal, His leadership in other parts of the group ie GLS has caused untold damage to those who work for them is this the future we envision?

Only Rico can win

28 Sep 2019, 20:14

k979aaa wrote:
Binsey wrote:

That should be directed at those of the top of ROYALMAIL too as in respect in two days time the hour off the working week will be due or a pay rise for others and in these days of all days why does this guy in charge of ROYALMAIL do these things is it because he has £1 million invested in the business and cannot will not abide by the agreements of the last strike which should extend to next April. One can only look at his tenure he has decimated the top line directors in this company that agreed the last deal, His leadership in other parts of the group ie GLS has caused untold damage to those who work for them is this the future we envision?

The hour was due in october but apparently efficency savings were not made which cwu agreed under the four pillars.. tat was my only gripe with current vote and i did vote yes..

Only Rico can win

28 Sep 2019, 20:16

If i am in wrong about sww i will apologise..

Only Rico can win

29 Sep 2019, 10:01

One of those massive YES votes will be mine and I do expect it to get nasty.

Only Rico can win

29 Sep 2019, 15:26

Rico Black obviously doesn't want us to go on strike.

If it came to the point of the company going bust or similar I don't think the government , whichever party is in control, would be able to sanction RM being bought up cheap by Germany. I realise too many independent companies to list as well as a fair percentage of our privatised utilities are now part or fully owned by other countries such as France, Germany, & China for example. I would hope that RM, as a failsafe method of communications, and given that the internet is not and never will be secure, that the government would take the RM back under government control. They would likely be buying the company back at far less if not a fraction of the value it was sold for.

I was one of the posties who entered into the second option to buy more RM shares at the then cheap price of 360p . At the time it seemed like a good idea but in hindsight it obviously wasn't! Until we get decent bosses in charge of the company and the minimum wage is enforced by the UK government I will not expect to even break even.

Only Rico can win

01 Oct 2019, 21:44

The hour was due in october but apparently efficency savings were not made which cwu agreed under the four pillars.. tat was my only gripe with current vote and i did vote yes..

Boils My piss this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Theres actually a poster up in our DLO , Looks like an Archery Target , blue Background. That Says " In 2019 Royal mail Exceeded all its delivery targets "

Couldn't resist Writing on it! " Were's our Feckin Second hour for SWW then? "

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2