not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

So - if management won't ask us questions then we'll ask them some!

16 Sep 2019, 17:25

So - if management won’t ask us questions then we’ll ask them some!

16 Sep 2019, 20:02

Do you agree that pairings have cost the company a bomb?

16 Sep 2019, 20:42

Do you think buying thousands of Royal Mail vans just for us to work in pairs have saved us money?? Are vans greener and more economical than push-cycles??

17 Sep 2019, 08:10

Do you think pairing two individuals where one is waiting up to 30 minutes for the other and then claiming overtime is an efficient model?

17 Sep 2019, 09:39

postslippete wrote:Do you think buying thousands of Royal Mail vans just for us to work in pairs have saved us money?? Are vans greener and more economical than push-cycles??

Some of it might have been down to the size of parcels. Once the large and all Tracked get taken away and done by the LAT hubs, would it perhaps be viable to go back to using bikes?

17 Sep 2019, 20:50

SpacePhoenix wrote:
postslippete wrote:Do you think buying thousands of Royal Mail vans just for us to work in pairs have saved us money?? Are vans greener and more economical than push-cycles??

Some of it might have been down to the size of parcels. Once the large and all Tracked get taken away and done by the LAT hubs, would it perhaps be viable to go back to using bikes?

We cannot allow the new parcel strategy to be implemented. It is designed purely to phase out and get rid of all the current workforce and replace us with zero hours or people working at or below the minimum wage.

28 Sep 2019, 06:36

You cannot ask them these questions half cannot tie their own shoe lases in the time allowed!

01 Oct 2019, 19:36

Did anyone ever get any feedback from them joint culture visits?

01 Oct 2019, 23:11

goldy wrote:Do you think pairing two individuals where one is waiting up to 30 minutes for the other and then claiming overtime is an efficient model?

Would you rather go back to riding a bike?

It seems a few people who posted above want to go back to bikes, but then how are the parcels delivered? all by Parcel Force? or by a few RM vans?

I'd say, why not use those Farm-type Quad Bikes which have a decent sized compartment space. As they are smaller they are easier to park out on the round, you can park many more of them in the depot and therefore have less issues with space and time being wasted because vans are blocking vans. A round can be done quicker by a Postie or their own. Quad Bikes are far cheaper than vans.

02 Oct 2019, 19:14

I would ask the DOM some of the Qs but seeing as their head seems to be too far up their own ar$e - its really not worth the bother.

The problem is they got their pay rise and as Terry says they have been already bought and paid for. The DOM has already tried to dissuade us from striking saying that our depot is unique and we don't need to be striking like they do in the more militant areas, that it will be futile, that we will not only lose pay but be coming back to a mountain of mail and packets etc etc. Plus they have already brought in several new staff ready to prep the duties and go out and deliver the tracked and specials etc. I know what their agenda is because I know exactly how our DOM operates.

02 Oct 2019, 20:24

postslippete wrote:I would ask the DOM some of the Qs but seeing as their head seems to be too far up their own ar$e - its really not worth the bother.

The problem is they got their pay rise and as Terry says they have been already bought and paid for. The DOM has already tried to dissuade us from striking saying that our depot is unique and we don't need to be striking like they do in the more militant areas, that it will be futile, that we will not only lose pay but be coming back to a mountain of mail and packets etc etc. Plus they have already brought in several new staff ready to prep the duties and go out and deliver the tracked and specials etc. I know what their agenda is because I know exactly how our DOM operates.

Did managers not vote against their pay deal :hmmmm

04 Oct 2019, 19:30

aiden01 wrote:Did managers not vote against their pay deal :hmmmm

Well of they did then why did I watch one of the videos on the CWU site which featured Terry Pullinger who said that the managers received a 2.6% pay rise and he said that basically the mangers had been bought and paid for??

04 Oct 2019, 19:46

postslippete wrote:

Well of they did then why did I watch one of the videos on the CWU site which featured Terry Pullinger who said that the managers received a 2.6% pay rise and he said that basically the mangers had been bought and paid for??

Maybe terry jumped the gun.. managers rejected pay deal by 54% to 46% on a 50% turnout..

04 Oct 2019, 20:04

postslippete wrote:

Have a look at terry's latest video now he reckon's rm have lost the managers aswell..

04 Oct 2019, 20:35

postslippete wrote:

If you are referring to the facebook Q&A video with Dave Ward on 9th September TerryPullinger said the managers were "offered" a 2.6% pay rise.

09 Oct 2019, 18:10

rogersh wrote:
postslippete wrote:

If you are referring to the facebook Q&A video with Dave Ward on 9th September TerryPullinger said the managers were "offered" a 2.6% pay rise.

Yes,banged to rights there. Does it say why the managers pay deal was rejected?? Was they maybe expecting a 10% pay increase or summat?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1