not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

External Mediation SWW

16 Sep 2019, 09:04

I posted this comment re the RMtv broadcast on 19 August

"The Video States re the discussions on the shorter working week;
"We have invoked a separate dispute resolution under the AFG agreement. This means that we have a 30-day period for both parties to continue talks. If those talks do not result in agreement, We will enter into external mediation with the CWU. This is separate to the mediation we have entered into this week."
Anyone have an idea why the SWW talks need to be separate? - I am uncertain if "Invoked" means those talks have commenced."

Last week RMtv stated the 30 day period was coming to an end on the separate talks. As no announcement has been made on any progress, I assume four weeks of external mediation will take place which will coincide with the date of the ballot result.
I wonder if RM will concede ground on the SWW as a gesture, or carrot, to sway opinion.

External Mediation SWW

16 Sep 2019, 13:17

The SWW is a contentious issue amongst delivery staff.
Although the benefits are clear they are not entirely obvious to full time staff at the sharp end. It's obviously much easier for part-time to see the uplift in their wages.

I think the union needs to be careful how much emphasis it places on the SWW at the expense of other issues.

External Mediation SWW

16 Sep 2019, 20:49

Absolute worst case scenario is that the union gets the SWW for us but concedes to all the other highly destructive changes to numerous to list. I think most posties would rather see the SWW disappear into the ether if we can stop most or all of the other changes. I'm not that optimistic about the future of RM but we have to try and save it.

External Mediation SWW

16 Sep 2019, 20:55

Celgar wrote:Absolute worst case scenario is that the union gets the SWW for us but concedes to all the other highly destructive changes to numerous to list. I think most posties would rather see the SWW disappear into the ether if we can stop most or all of the other changes. I'm not that optimistic about the future of RM but we have to try and save it.

I would second that. The SWW really isn't the be all and end all for full-timers because whilst it looks like we earn more money per hour, we will be pushed by management into making those "savings" count.

External Mediation SWW

17 Sep 2019, 09:19

postslippete wrote:I would second that. The SWW really isn't the be all and end all for full-timers

You are forgetting Terry's pet subject - the fourth industrial revolution.
The possible levels of automation might mean either you reduce to a 35 hour week with the attendant loss of earnings or a SWW with no loss of earnings. Which would you prefer?
Those of you who think the current levels of staffing are sustainable haven't seen Terry's future.
Or Rico's.

External Mediation SWW

17 Sep 2019, 21:53

rogersh wrote:I posted this comment re the RMtv broadcast on 19 August

"The Video States re the discussions on the shorter working week;
"We have invoked a separate dispute resolution under the AFG agreement. This means that we have a 30-day period for both parties to continue talks. If those talks do not result in agreement, We will enter into external mediation with the CWU. This is separate to the mediation we have entered into this week."
Anyone have an idea why the SWW talks need to be separate? - I am uncertain if "Invoked" means those talks have commenced."

Last week RMtv stated the 30 day period was coming to an end on the separate talks. As no announcement has been made on any progress, I assume four weeks of external mediation will take place which will coincide with the date of the ballot result.
I wonder if RM will concede ground on the SWW as a gesture, or carrot, to sway opinion.

On viewing the recording of the Mark Baulch talking deliveries video today,17th September.
He stated an external mediator has been jointly agreed via ACAS & a submission will been sent to the mediator this week & the process will start.

External Mediation SWW

19 Sep 2019, 17:01

The Mediation process takes 7 weeks and it starting on Tuesday when the CWU presented the Independent mediator Roy Lewis with our submission.

Our submission covers a number of demands over the issue of the dispute ranging from extending our legal guarantees, agreeing a different parcel pipeline , supporting and extending the USO , resolving the culture issues , ensuring the digital technology being used for resourcing and the achievement of the hour off the working week.

The earliest there can be strike action is 20th November just in time for Black Friday and cyber Monday.

External Mediation SWW

19 Sep 2019, 18:58

Martin, Thanks for clarification on the timescale. It will be interesting to read the mediators report.
Will the CEO attend the mediation process?

External Mediation SWW

20 Sep 2019, 17:05

In answer to my question. Terry Pullinger has posted a video saying that Rico Back did not turn up to the meeting today.

External Mediation SWW

20 Sep 2019, 22:41

rogersh wrote:In answer to my question. Terry Pullinger has posted a video saying that Rico Back did not turn up to the meeting today.

No surprise.

External Mediation SWW

21 Sep 2019, 03:39

So we should have been calling for a strike in June to hit them by late October which is when we are busy mark my words it will be challenged in the high court this action and we may not be able to strike till after Christmas.

External Mediation SWW

21 Sep 2019, 07:56

k979aaa wrote:So we should have been calling for a strike in June to hit them by late October which is when we are busy mark my words it will be challenged in the high court this action and we may not be able to strike till after Christmas.

A court injunction taken out by RM was successful previously because it was deemed the CWU did not enter into independent external mediation. Read other thread on "who's ready to take industrial action" for an update on the timetable of the mediation process & possible date for strike action if no resolution is attained.

External Mediation SWW

25 Sep 2019, 18:48

aiden01 wrote:
rogersh wrote:In answer to my question. Terry Pullinger has posted a video saying that Rico Back did not turn up to the meeting today.

No surprise.

In the video on the 20th September Terry Pullinger said that next Wednesday (25th) another meeting will take place. I have not seen an update on progress video today, perhaps we will not be given a blow by blow account.

External Mediation SWW

25 Sep 2019, 21:14

It's on the cwu Facebook page (25/ 9) mediation update no change :roll:

External Mediation SWW

25 Sep 2019, 21:58

Thanks. Have now watched it. Terry stated "RM positioning for some sort of legal challenge" !! . Next meeting scheduled for the 3rd October.

External Mediation SWW

03 Oct 2019, 21:56

Terry Pullinger indicated in the last update that the third mediation meeting would take place on 3rd October . I have not found an update of that meeting on facebook videos.

Second mediation video update;
https://www.facebook.com/Thecommunicati ... =2&theater

Edit; Terry has posted a vital update video on facebook

External Mediation SWW

06 Oct 2019, 12:10

I was under the impression that the mediation had been completed with no resolution. The ballot for industrial action is live so how can more mediation need to happen?

External Mediation SWW

06 Oct 2019, 13:25

The first external mediation took place on 17th September.Terry Pullinger stated the next meeting will take place on Tuesday, 8th October (the fourth meeting in four weeks)
I have copied the process schedule as posted by Martin Walsh;

External Mediation SWW
Postby Martin Walsh » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:01 pm

The Mediation process takes 7 weeks and it starting on Tuesday when the CWU presented the Independent mediator Roy Lewis with our submission.

Our submission covers a number of demands over the issue of the dispute ranging from extending our legal guarantees, agreeing a different parcel pipeline , supporting and extending the USO , resolving the culture issues , ensuring the digital technology being used for resourcing and the achievement of the hour off the working week.

The earliest there can be strike action is 20th November just in time for Black Friday and cyber Monday.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1