not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Stress of strike talk

11 Sep 2019, 21:20

As much as we like to yap about things in the job, I think we r pretty lucky to have a well paid job with a lot of freedom in it. Anyone else starting to feel stressed out with all this talk Of strikes and redundancies. Angry too that one man can come in and try to change the lives of thousands. Disgusting time we live in.

Stress of strike talk

11 Sep 2019, 21:25

It's not gonna happen anytime soon everything takes so long at royal mail but hey just keep doing your job and smiling

Stress of strike talk

11 Sep 2019, 21:47

No stress - need to stand tall, vote YES and see if the company budge ( higher the YES vote, the more likely RM will take notice ). Stand up for yourself or spend life on your knees.....your choice.

Stress of strike talk

11 Sep 2019, 21:57

Agree no stress just work your hours and defo vote YES

Stress of strike talk

11 Sep 2019, 22:23

Give me strength......

People are struggling to do the damn job.

Stress of strike talk

11 Sep 2019, 22:34

Be positive stick by your union

Stress of strike talk

11 Sep 2019, 22:34

hero22 wrote:As much as we like to yap about things in the job, I think we r pretty lucky to have a well paid job with a lot of freedom in it. Anyone else starting to feel stressed out with all this talk Of strikes and redundancies. Angry too that one man can come in and try to change the lives of thousands. Disgusting time we live in.

I do not agree we're "lucky" to have a well paid job. The CWU must take credit for negotiating pay deals over the years while other industries wages have stagnated.
RM appear to have stalled implementation of the SWW in October 2019 which was a pay increase for part-timers as stated in the managers briefing pack;
PART-TIME COLLEAGUES
"An increase in hourly rate of pay in October 2018 and 2019 to reflect the shorter working week of full-time colleagues. This is in addition to the pay award for all eligible colleagues.
We will honour our agreements regarding part-time colleagues:"

While the progression of the SWW, as part of the four pillars agreement is important, It has been acknowledged by the CWU leadership as just one of many issues under discussion via external mediation.

Stress of strike talk

11 Sep 2019, 22:53

A lot of staff have been a postman all their working life (me included) and would probably feel lost doing anything else (certainly a shock to the system) so hopefully a there's a good future round the corner.

Stress of strike talk

12 Sep 2019, 17:12

Simple if we fight Rico we might lose if we don't we'll definitely lose!!

Stress of strike talk

14 Sep 2019, 01:47

Don't stress this is your challenge and ours together we will fight for a better Royal Mail these things take time before my time postmen did 7 day weeks when I started it was 6 day week with 41.5 hours. In the last 20 years we did get a 5 day week and at that 38 hour working week with a flight path to 35 for full time staff if you are part time and this is a lot these days it will mean more pay in your pocket. There is two ways about this you can fight lose some pay in the short term or cave in lose forever more and be the whipping boy for evermore and I don't like giving in never have never will!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1