not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Is a National strike going to work?

11 Sep 2019, 17:35

Will the national strike action proposed by the CWU have the effect that it desires? What are your thoughts?

11 Sep 2019, 17:42

Interested-seeker wrote:Will the national strike action proposed by the CWU have the effect that it desires? What are your thoughts?

If it's planned right then yes. I would imagine 98% of staff would strike the first day but it slowly go down the longer the strike. Royal Mail could outsource the work to another company during the strikes.

11 Sep 2019, 17:43

glass joe wrote:
Interested-seeker wrote:Will the national strike action proposed by the CWU have the effect that it desires? What are your thoughts?

If it's planned right then yes. I would imagine 98% of staff would strike the first day but it slowly go down the longer the strike. Royal Mail could outsource the work to another company during the strikes.

No they wouldn’t

11 Sep 2019, 17:46

No doubt RM will dangle a little carrot if we agree to all their demands and the vast majority will gobble it up with zero thought of the future and then whinge when these draconian changes come in. :cool

11 Sep 2019, 17:46

glass joe wrote:

They could outsource the work, but the effect and the loss to the business would be more damaging the cost to rmg would be massive and share prices....

Stay strong might lose a bit in the strike but cwu will win

Rico seeya

11 Sep 2019, 17:54

Rico Bank and co would have a party if shares went to nearer to 1 pound.

11 Sep 2019, 17:56

Yes, firstly give the union leaders a big mandate for action and see what happens

11 Sep 2019, 17:59

remember this is our future. stay strong support the cwu and vote yes.we can win this

11 Sep 2019, 18:13

those that REALLY need the money, start getting the overtime in now. Theres no good reason to cross the picket line, remember your future pay and conditions are on the line, dont be short term focused.

11 Sep 2019, 18:15

Also look into other ways to save money. The average person can save a few grand a year by changing their habits, like where they shop. who they are with etc. Good fourm is money saving expert. Also maybe earning a little bit on the side doing something else outside of work.

11 Sep 2019, 18:19

I cant see us winning against Rico, if we get our way this time we will be fighting it again before long, the best we can expect is a stay of execution, mail is dropping, people dont need letters delivered every day, I hope I'm wrong and will be voting yes and striking if it comes to it but I think we need to be realistic

11 Sep 2019, 18:23

Walking boots wrote:I cant see us winning against Rico, if we get our way this time we will be fighting it again before long, the best we can expect is a stay of execution, mail is dropping, people dont need letters delivered every day, I hope I'm wrong and will be voting yes and striking if it comes to it but I think we need to be realistic

i`ll keep voting for strikes and against cuts to our pay and conditions until DSA is tackled, Rico is paid the big bucks, lets see him do something about this practice if he really wants to fight something and maybe not start with his own workforce.

11 Sep 2019, 19:22

Don’t know if it’s 100% correct but got told today that the union are going straight out for a 6 day strike for starters! Not sure whether that’ll be all out for 6 days or:

Day 1 processing
Day 2 Distribution
Day 3 Delivery

And repeat for the next 3 days.

11 Sep 2019, 19:34

GRS wrote:Don’t know if it’s 100% correct but got told today that the union are going straight out for a 6 day strike for starters! Not sure whether that’ll be all out for 6 days or:

Day 1 processing
Day 2 Distribution
Day 3 Delivery

And who told you that? Don’t listen to nonsense. Rumours in this company are crazy and people fall for them

11 Sep 2019, 19:44

We Know whats going to happen ! Again i expect this Ballot to Get a Massive yes vote ! Bigger than before !! So the union either has to announce Strike action ! Or go back to the Table with Royal mail . I expect the latter to happen . So now we need the CWU to negotiate a deal which will represent its members ! I expect as before Royal will introduce something new . Which will be detrimental to its staff. With the offer of cash payment . We will be advised to accept the deal . With the union saying . This is the best deal, and you should have seen the other stuff they wanted to introduce. Then in 12 -16 months the same thing will happen again ! Rinse and Repeat ! I wish the union were alot stronger . They have the backing of the Majority of the members . But constantly let them down

11 Sep 2019, 20:13

number one wrote:
GRS wrote:Don’t know if it’s 100% correct but got told today that the union are going straight out for a 6 day strike for starters! Not sure whether that’ll be all out for 6 days or:

Day 1 processing
Day 2 Distribution
Day 3 Delivery

And who told you that? Don’t listen to nonsense. Rumours in this company are crazy and people fall for them

it went something like that last time, maximise disruption with fewer strike days pp

pullinger/ward mentioned about comms, they must get it out to the public what's happening,
regardless of them going on about this great institution, the majority of people i know aren't too bothered about the postal service anymore and moan like hell at it,
just read "royalmailhelp" on twitter, would love an hour or 2 responding to some posts on there.
maybe we'll end up a missed once it's gone forever never to return firm, but still needs fighting for while we can before pillar boxes end up like phone boxes

11 Sep 2019, 23:02

The majority of the public like & respect us posties & the Royal Mail. Of course they don't have much idea how badly the business is run by the upper management and the chief executive.

11 Sep 2019, 23:07

Industrial action is all about building up pressure notably via the media against the RM bosses and to set optimum timing for any strike days such as to coincide with general election mailings or Xmas online present ordering. We have a good chance of turning it around but I hope & pray we don't just get the SWW and all the other really bad changes are allowed to happen. That would be the death of RM.

12 Sep 2019, 05:09

number one wrote:

Day 1 processing
Day 2 Distribution
Day 3 Delivery

And how do you know it’s not correct!!

12 Sep 2019, 11:29

GRS wrote:
number one wrote:

Day 1 processing
Day 2 Distribution
Day 3 Delivery

And how do you know it’s not correct!!

We don't.

But do you really believe Royal Mail Management, local and national, won't use misinformation and fear to scare people from striking?

So the easiest and best action is to disbelieve any rumour, from any source until it's confirmed in writing or in person.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3