not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Anyone else getting ready to bale?

11 Sep 2019, 17:18

Reading how nasty its gonna get plus the threat of zero hours contracts, franchising and the possibility of being one of the 20k thats gonna be going, is it time to get out now and just accept its time to work elsewhere?

11 Sep 2019, 17:28

leolion855 wrote:Reading how nasty its gonna get plus the threat of zero hours contracts, franchising and the possibility of being one of the 20k thats gonna be going, is it time to get out now and just accept its time to work elsewhere?

Someone from our office already did, they left say 10-14 days ago and regret it already. Working more hours, less hourly rate, no pension, longer days. Grass inn't always greener and who knows the CWU might pull something out the bag. True story.

11 Sep 2019, 17:33

I've just got a mortgage so I need to keep with the job. Hopefully, it won't be cut or I am screwed.

11 Sep 2019, 17:34

Just hope the union can get the best bad deal for everyone. Posties got it easy in my office its pretty much job and finish a lot of full-timers only do 25 hours a week worth of work.

11 Sep 2019, 17:37

Were all the cwu lets all fight tooth amd nail

Let rico bail

We might need to lose money in the strike

But look at the bigger picture

We wont back down

Keep most of the agreements we fought for over the years

Let rico bail with the pressure that's coming his way

Stay strong lets get ready to win this battle together

11 Sep 2019, 17:39

glass joe wrote:Just hope the union can get the best bad deal for everyone. Posties got it easy in my office its pretty much job and finish a lot of full-timers only do 25 hours a week worth of work.

P.s bud thats the manager's not doing there job correct

A good manager would staff the office better

11 Sep 2019, 17:42

leolion855 wrote:Reading how nasty its gonna get plus the threat of zero hours contracts, franchising and the possibility of being one of the 20k thats gonna be going, is it time to get out now and just accept its time to work elsewhere?

Jesus! Certainly no fight in you. Don’t ever go to war

11 Sep 2019, 17:49

glass joe wrote:Just hope the union can get the best bad deal for everyone. Posties got it easy in my office its pretty much job and finish a lot of full-timers only do 25 hours a week worth of work.

It is so funny how offices are completely different. In my office, most full-timers never finish early and don't even have a proper break.

11 Sep 2019, 17:51

What, they finish around 11.30 every day???

11 Sep 2019, 17:57

Varies I have seen full-timers drive past me on a Wednesday at 12.30 going home (7am start) Tuesday 11.30am. Saturday 11-12. Of course, they are rushing around cutting corners etc. Some walks people going over. It's just the managers rarely send people back out so staff knows this. I know it will go tits up for them eventally.

11 Sep 2019, 18:08

why just leave ? if they force you to go then you`ll get some sort of compensation, dont walk and leave with nothing !

11 Sep 2019, 18:10

That's the worse things that could happen in the future. You should stick it out nothing been agreed and could 2 plus years for all that to happen, see what happens during the ballot and if a deal is signed then see what's best for you, it's hard to find a job as good as royal mail for none skilled job and for the same pay.

11 Sep 2019, 18:19

glass joe wrote:

That's the worse things that could happen in the future. You should stick it out nothing been agreed and could 2 plus years for all that to happen, see what happens during the ballot and if a deal is signed then see what's best for you, it's hard to find a job as good as royal mail for none skilled job and for the same pay.

Well said

11 Sep 2019, 18:57

glass joe wrote:

I'm 100% behind the union on this and as tempting as it is to bale I am up for the battle. As you say it will be a couple of years before changes really start to take hold if we lose the battle. I know also if you look outside of Royal Mail pay is an issue for a lot of people so my advice for what its worth is consider as I am to take the opportunity over the next couple of years to retrain/learn a new skill for something else that has comparable or better pay. Better to prepare and be in a better position to bale when the time comes.

11 Sep 2019, 19:07

Marshamp11 wrote:
glass joe wrote:

I'm 100% behind the union on this and as tempting as it is to bale I am up for the battle. As you say it will be a couple of years before changes really start to take hold if we lose the battle. I know also if you look outside of Royal Mail pay is an issue for a lot of people so my advice for what its worth is consider as I am to take the opportunity over the next couple of years to retrain/learn a new skill for something else that has comparable or better pay. Better to prepare and be in a better position to bale when the time comes.

Totally agree with Marshamp11. Support your colleagues and the union and stand up for our jobs but have an eye on the possibility of things not turning out well over the next few years and learn some new skills just in case. I am 100% behind the union on this one too and will give my complete support but it is the case that unskilled jobs have been targeted over the last few years everywhere and we have a big battle ahead of us.

11 Sep 2019, 20:21

I’m not going anywhere! Vote YES :thumbup

11 Sep 2019, 21:19

Ahh another office My office must be carrying then.Im envious and don’t mind admitting it.

12 Sep 2019, 11:44

I'm sure if they got rid of a few most of that would be taken up by voluntary redundancy, older posties in our office seem quite keen to walk?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1