not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

How can anyone even think of voting no

03 Sep 2019, 20:47

It baffles me how so many people are worried about losing a days pay here and there from IA and are gonna vote no in the ballot, dont look at the short term lose look at the long term lose!!! No one can afford to lose any money but how can anyone afford to lose their job!!! I'm voying yes and will stand on the picket line if it means I've got a job in years to come with the terms and conditions we have now #WeRiseAgain #StandAs1 #DontVoteNo

03 Sep 2019, 20:56

Solve that by not having days off here & there instead have a total overtime ban, you don't lose all your wages & the company won't cope with no overtime. Days off here & there just gives you more work following day.

03 Sep 2019, 21:13

total overtime bans dont work anymore now we have such a mixed amount of PT who need to make their hours up to pay the bills, by having an OT ban it affects those people much more than FT.
If theyre going to strike they should concentrate on Wednesdays that is the busiest day and where a strike would be most noticeable, it would have knock on effect for the rest of the week and isnt likely to be caught up.

As for voting no, its shooting yourself in the foot and weakens the unions negotiating position, if the union can get a 90%+ yes vote there also is less chance of actual strikes as RM know we are serious, the more that % drops, the more RM will be inclined to ignore it, let us strike and hope that each time we strike with no positive outcome that number will drop and drop.
People who vote no may think they have things pretty good, well, we`d be at a race to the bottom long ago without the unions presence - wages, sick pay, holidays would likely already be much closer to the minimum legally allowed. Its pretty clear RMs intention is trimming the job to the bone and anyone who actually thinks theyre individually valued is living in a dreamworld.

03 Sep 2019, 21:22

[quote="grchpo"]Solve that by not having days off here & there instead have a total overtime ban, you don't lose all your wages & the company won't cope with no overtime. Days off here & there just gives you more work following day.[/quot

"Days off here & there just gives you more work following day." Work to your time, not much point striking if you are willing to come in next day and bust yourself completing the duty. :arrrghhh

03 Sep 2019, 21:24

Postie45 wrote:total overtime bans dont work anymore now we have such a mixed amount of PT who need to make their hours up to pay the bills, by having an OT ban it affects those people much more than FT.
If theyre going to strike they should concentrate on Wednesdays that is the busiest day and where a strike would be most noticeable, it would have knock on effect for the rest of the week and isnt likely to be caught up.

As for voting no, its shooting yourself in the foot and weakens the unions negotiating position, if the union can get a 90%+ yes vote there also is less chance of actual strikes as RM know we are serious, the more that % drops, the more RM will be inclined to ignore it, let us strike and hope that each time we strike with no positive outcome that number will drop and drop.
People who vote no may think they have things pretty good, well, we`d be at a race to the bottom long ago without the unions presence - wages, sick pay, holidays would likely already be much closer to the minimum legally allowed. Its pretty clear RMs intention is trimming the job to the bone and anyone who actually thinks theyre individually valued is living in a dreamworld.

:Applause

03 Sep 2019, 22:17

fed_up_postie wrote:It baffles me how so many people are worried about losing a days pay here and there from IA and are gonna vote no in the ballot, dont look at the short term lose look at the long term lose!!! No one can afford to lose any money but how can anyone afford to lose their job!!! I'm voying yes and will stand on the picket line if it means I've got a job in years to come with the terms and conditions we have now #WeRiseAgain #StandAs1 #DontVoteNo

No way that I'm gonna lose money standing on a picket line next to people who come in to work 30 mins early, run round with a bag on their shoulder and 'don't have time for a break' . They are a big part of the problem and it would be hypocritical of them to vote for strike action.

03 Sep 2019, 22:33

All out 100% cwu....
Massive yes from me and hopefully most of royalmail.
Vote no and fling your down the pan

Dont worry about runners there all mostly getting extra work added on to them now bosses love runners it there scape goat if mails left and they come back early, its happing more and more around the uk now with pda actuals

03 Sep 2019, 22:35

Coming in 30 mins early don't you have a unit rep.

If not phone area rep that should solve your problem with early starts

03 Sep 2019, 22:35

Obviously vote yes, a no vote or even a weak yes vote will give Rico the green light to go ahead with his 5 year plan regardless.

03 Sep 2019, 22:41

If we get a yes vote for industrial action it has to be with the threat of multiple consecutive days of strikes. One or two days in a row is just not going to cut it. More importantly the timing has to be correct either to coincide with the general election mailings and postal votes or the start of Xmas online shopping so middle of November for the latter.
I can see the point in terms of voting no in that the results of most previous disputes have not been favourable with posties effectively taking a bribe to go back to work. This time though the proposed changes are just so bad that we will have to just throw everything including the kitchen sink at it. Either we win or we take it down.

03 Sep 2019, 23:51

How can anyone even think of voting no?

Well, off the top of my head, here's a few examples of what backing the unions has got us in the past.

Loss of Saturday allowance

Loss of double time OT after midnight friday

Loss of D2D payment per item.

New overtime rate which is pennies above standard pay per hour.

Lower overtime rate after 10 hours.

Plenty of talk about protecting full time jobs whilst RM just carries on recruiting part timers who have to wait years to even get a sniff of a full time position & will never be in a position to get a mortgage.

The constant B & H that is frequently mentioned on here, but still ignored on a national level by the CWU.

And, just for the record, I'm a staunch union man who has taken his turn on the picket line on previous disputes.

04 Sep 2019, 00:33

d2d - we get paid a supplement which replaced this, although not "officially" - do you think we`d have gotten and continue to get this supplement without a union ?
and imagine b&h without a union if you think this would improve or be equal without a union id suggest youre sadly mistaken. I think the threat of the union keeps a lot of b&h in check and reduces the level of it in many instances where it has crept in.
No offense to part timers, but people who come into the business as a part time worker, shouldnt expect the job to be anything more than part time. Now, thats not to say PTers shouldnt have the opportunity to get more hours but in your claim they cant get a mortgage based on being in a PT job while is accurate it is also misleading.
I get youve selected a few of the "losses" but i think they would be the tip of the iceberg without a union and anyone who bases a no vote on these type of reasons isnt looking at the bigger picture imho. RM is being very clear it isnt an employer whos looking to take care of its employees and honour agreements but is looking to cut costs wherever possible with the biggest cuts coming from reducing labour costs.

04 Sep 2019, 09:09

Yamr1 wrote:Coming in 30 mins early don't you have a unit rep.

If not phone area rep that should solve your problem with early starts

No we don't. Area rep has told everyone to do the job right. It falls on deaf (selfish) ears I'm afraid.

04 Sep 2019, 09:43

if if we got a yes vote i think rico the kinda chap to ignore it and carry on with his plan anyway as he says 'i run rm!'

04 Sep 2019, 11:04

Just all you posties stick together,you had a massive yes vote last time,but still a lot of the issues were not solved. Dont throw it away again.

04 Sep 2019, 14:05

Rambo1 you need to get back in contact with area rep,
Tell him its still happening and the managers are turning a blind eye to people starting early ,
Tell him you would like for him to put a stage 1 disagreement in for people starting before the contracted hours....
That will solve your problem bud

04 Sep 2019, 14:52

Yamr1 wrote:Rambo1 you need to get back in contact with area rep,
Tell him its still happening and the managers are turning a blind eye to people starting early ,
Tell him you would like for him to put a stage 1 disagreement in for people starting before the contracted hours....

Why should anyone put a disagreement in because someone else either wants to work for free or unbeknown to them the dom has asked someone to come in early and get paid ot for prep?

04 Sep 2019, 15:20

For those thinking of voting no visit Royal Mail Chat NEWS and read the thread titled "Royal Mail parcel chief to take over from Moya" or something like that and read the undercover reporters write up for a German publication in 2012. Is that where we may be heading. In my opinion losing any forthcoming dispute is not an option.

04 Sep 2019, 16:52

leolion855 wrote:
Yamr1 wrote:Rambo1 you need to get back in contact with area rep,

Why should anyone put a disagreement in because someone else either wants to work for free or unbeknown to them the dom has asked someone to come in early and get paid ot for prep?

There should be a list up whos doing overtime on that day on the workplan.
No one in this day and age should be working for free,
There will be a local agreement with area rep and sector manager that no one should start before contracted hours.

04 Sep 2019, 17:33

Postie45 wrote:.....

Agree with you Postie but on the following days people should work to their contracted hours/duty hours and not hoover up the excess or it's just a
waste of time........

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2