not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Do Different Unions Communicate?

03 Sep 2019, 06:57

As per the title, would our union ever communicate with the managers union? I ask this as from conversations I have had with some managers they are just as pissed off with decisions being made as the general staff. Could the two unions coordinate something or is that not allowed.

03 Sep 2019, 10:56

f**k them they let their members walk through picket lines

03 Sep 2019, 10:56

f**k them they let their members walk through picket lines

03 Sep 2019, 12:55

You aren’t wrong. They ride on our coat tails then let managers cross picket lines on mass. I do actually feel sorry for one or two of them that I’m friends with but the vast majority of them rub their greedy little hands with glee. I consider them the worst of the worst

04 Sep 2019, 16:04

They need to get behind us as it’ll also be their jobs on the line if Rico has his way.

04 Sep 2019, 17:27

A friend who used to be a postie and CWU rep is now quite a high level official in the Unite union. The managers' staff association, formerly CMA, is now part of Unite.
He says their section operates like a secret society within Unite. They never co-operated with the CWU when they were the CMA, and I don't think they will now.
It's up to their members to change that. When they start acting like trade unionists the CWU would be able to work with them.

04 Sep 2019, 17:37

Jpro747 wrote:They need to get behind us as it’ll also be their jobs on the line if Rico has his way.

They never have before. They strike break, doing opgs jobs when we were on strike and taking disciplinary action in some cases against CWU activists, strikers and pickets.
I hope they will change, but although there might be some who realise they are going to be also hit, there are too many crawlers and backstabbers in their ranks.

04 Sep 2019, 18:53

wonder what will happen with line managers who are also in the cwu should we go into IA? i know of 2 myself, guessing there's plenty more too

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1