not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

How we need the 35 hour week

29 Aug 2019, 15:33

The job is so physically demanding now it like a marathon most days.
In future runs will become longer, not much hopefully because of automation.
But is coming that's why the 35 hour weeks is so important just like that was agreed in the four pillars.

What's your thoughts?

My thought its definitely needed the 35 hours the way the business is heading etc

29 Aug 2019, 19:02

Correct my friend we had a agreement and this Rico does not want to know,back the cwu stand up be counted one out all out,and get rid of the tories as well

29 Aug 2019, 22:04

I agree Bowie

31 Aug 2019, 04:07

I would suggest 35 hours in a minimum it is OK to push your limits once in a while but everyday will burn your body out knees back to do the way they envision this job it will have no indoor work just walking yourself into the ground for 7 hours unless we can make a better deal for all of us!

01 Sep 2019, 09:08

One of the problems is we are developing more and more products which take longer to complete while on delivery. The latest two are the age restricted service for products like solvents & knives and the specific customer delivery for high value items. We really don't have enough paid time to complete the job even though in theory there is less mail to deliver. The SWW just makes this situation worse with less time to complete and posties getting home later which affects activities such as collecting children from school.

01 Sep 2019, 09:11

You've probably got more chance of winning the jackpot in ten consecutive Euromillions draws than of the 35hr week ever happening

01 Sep 2019, 09:44

Celgar wrote:One of the problems is we are developing more and more products which take longer to complete while on delivery. The latest two are the age restricted service for products like solvents & knives and the specific customer delivery for high value items. We really don't have enough paid time to complete the job even though in theory there is less mail to deliver. The SWW just makes this situation worse with less time to complete and posties getting home later which affects activities such as collecting children from school.
My delivery goes overtime so much so often that I could most probably leave all letters in the frame and still struggle to complete just with small packets, parcels, SDs and other signed for items.

01 Sep 2019, 12:18

SpacePhoenix wrote:You've probably got more chance of winning the jackpot in ten consecutive Euromillions draws than of the 35hr week ever happening

According to the four pillars agreement the new & existing staff, post 2018, are employed on a 35 hour full-time contract. The intention being all full-time employees would eventually be equal on 35 hr.
Would it be justified that if 35 hours is not going to be a reality in the time frame of the "flight path", or implemented at all, then that part of the agreement should be reviewed.

01 Sep 2019, 16:39

An link to a RM recruitment advert came up on my tablet the other day. Apparently there are a lot of part time vacancies in several parts of London at the moment.
These jobs were 25 hour duties so five days of five hour shifts. The details mentioned you have to do all your own prep each day and that SIX of the FIVE hours would be spent delivering the mail each day. Maybe the managers need to get some lessons in maths.

01 Sep 2019, 22:27

Anyone who starts full time is on a 35 hour week!

01 Sep 2019, 23:10

k979aaa wrote:Anyone who starts full time is on a 35 hour week!

? nope, they're part time, 38hrs is full time

01 Sep 2019, 23:25

SpacePhoenix wrote:
k979aaa wrote:Anyone who starts full time is on a 35 hour week!

? nope, they're part time, 38hrs is full time

Said starts not made up if you join the business it's 35 hours you probably will only get 35/38th's of a wage but that is the new contract!

02 Sep 2019, 09:30

We had a couple of people made up to 35 hours from 24 hours a few months ago. This is the new standard for full time employment according to our DOM....in line with the aims of the 4 Pillars Agreement.

They come in 35 minutes later than 38 hour people but are magically expected to be completing their duties in the same time frame.

02 Sep 2019, 14:56

RM brought in 35 hour contracts for new full timers around the time they agreed to the SWW - I'm pretty sure the CWU didn't agree with it, but it was done anyway. Our part timers that were made full time for last year's Christmas pressure were all put on 35 hour contracts, then had to claim 3 hours overtime across the week.

02 Sep 2019, 17:20

fb1969 wrote:RM brought in 35 hour contracts for new full timers around the time they agreed to the SWW - I'm pretty sure the CWU didn't agree with it, but it was done anyway. Our part timers that were made full time for last year's Christmas pressure were all put on 35 hour contracts, then had to claim 3 hours overtime across the week.

The CWU did agree with it - as this extract of the four pillars agreement 13. Shorter Working Week stated;

"New full time employees from October 2018, recruited either from existing employees or new recruits in the core OPG grade, will be on a 35 hour week at the current hourly basic pay rate with pro-rata allowances aligned to the current full-time conditioned hours. Additional hours performed through overtime or scheduled attendance for those employees on this new contract will  be paid at single rate overtime until the total hours worked align to that of our current full time contracted employees. This will be adjusted as we progress through the SWW flightpath"

02 Sep 2019, 17:27

Happy to be corrected.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1