not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE



'Four Pillars spirit stronger than ever' at Postal Conference

03 May 2019, 14:13

https://www.cwu.org/news/four-pillars-s ... onference/

Bachman-Turner Overdrive’s rock classic “You ain’t seen nothing yet” blared out across the hall as our DGSP Terry Pullinger brought CWU Postal Conference 2019 to a close in Bournemouth this afternoon.

Terry had just used the iconic hook of the song – a 1974 hit for the Canadian quartet and revived by 1990s mock DJs Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse – to warn Royal Mail bosses not to pick a fight with the union.

And his speech itself featured a bit of ‘Smash’ and ‘Nicey’ – blunt and robust towards company management, but warm and fulsome in praise of CWU reps, delegates and leaders.

“People of great character are attracted to our union. People of intelligence, depth, belief and compassion – and that’s what our trade union is all about,” he told delegates.

“And this conference, and the recent unit reps tour, have proven to me that the fight, the passion and the spirit of the Four Pillars is stronger than ever.”
A striking feature this week has been the higher than usual numbers of new delegates – the ‘first timers’ photocall this afternoon virtually filled the stage – and Terry said that he had been “so impressed” by the quality of the contributions from them, as well as the overall high level of debate from everyone.

“In this trade union, we speak our minds, we disagree, but when we’ve decided collectively, we stand together as one,” he continued, adding that the union had now made its collective decision and that “we now stand ready.”

Royal Mail management “now have a choice” – whether to engage positively

with the union and work together towards the full implementation of the national agreement, or whether to choose the path of confrontation.

But he warned company bosses that, “if you thought we were strong in the Four Pillars campaign, look in eyes of our reps now and you ain’t seen nothing yet.”

'Four Pillars spirit stronger than ever' at Postal Conference

04 May 2019, 14:57

More hot air Terry, like has been said before, we had our foot on their throat and let them off...
No one believes anything you say anymore...

'Four Pillars spirit stronger than ever' at Postal Conference

04 May 2019, 15:14

Love the stuff terry says
But its only words.
More offices are walking out and growing.
Need a national ballot for the bullying culture in royalmail.
Only way to solve this problem...

'Four Pillars spirit stronger than ever' at Postal Conference

04 May 2019, 15:33

Yamr1 wrote:Love the stuff terry says
But its only words.
More offices are walking out and growing.
Need a national ballot for the bullying culture in royalmail.
Only way to solve this problem...

Stop management bonuses linked to pensions and end performance bonuses at the same time job done.

'Four Pillars spirit stronger than ever' at Postal Conference

04 May 2019, 21:01

Terry is not in it for his members
Terry is in it for his 5 star menus & a glass of 1965 white.
But don’t worry Terry, many of your members won’t worry either, cos there 6ft under!

'Four Pillars spirit stronger than ever' at Postal Conference

04 May 2019, 21:40

I've been in the job now for 30 years started at 16 as a cadet and still there at 46. The union were first class and looked after me and everyone else whether you were new or had been there years. The people that worked there when I started a lot of old boys who deserved respect and looked after you and helped you unless you were a prick then you knew about it. There is no respect for people now especially from younger people and we all used to stand together but I couldn't give a f**k about most of these people now. Always agreed with pullinger until I saw him say that if our walks were too big the pda actuals would sort it which is complete bullshit. He basically said we are moaning because we have to work but walks extremely uneven probably everywhere and he knows nothing of what us hard working people have to put up with every day

'Four Pillars spirit stronger than ever' at Postal Conference

05 May 2019, 00:34

amalgumut wrote:I've been in the job now for 30 years started at 16 as a cadet and still there at 46. The union were first class and looked after me and everyone else whether you were new or had been there years. The people that worked there when I started a lot of old boys who deserved respect and looked after you and helped you unless you were a prick then you knew about it. There is no respect for people now especially from younger people and we all used to stand together but I couldn't give a f**k about most of these people now. Always agreed with pullinger until I saw him say that if our walks were too big the pda actuals would sort it which is complete bullshit. He basically said we are moaning because we have to work but walks extremely uneven probably everywhere and he knows nothing of what us hard working people have to put up with every day

Until the bonus culture is changed nothing will change!

'Four Pillars spirit stronger than ever' at Postal Conference

05 May 2019, 14:21

4 pillars of nothing. Untested pension scheme, 1 hour off week but figures manipulated to suit, management attitude the same............not much has changed really.

'Four Pillars spirit stronger than ever' at Postal Conference

05 May 2019, 17:43

Jb1969 wrote:Terry is not in it for his members
Terry is in it for his 5 star menus & a glass of 1965 white.
But don’t worry Terry, many of your members won’t worry either, cos there 6ft under!

Socialism in action. Vote Labour , for the menu , not the few! Hypocrites the lot of them.

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 1