not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Making a claim for holiday pay

29 Jul 2019, 16:04

So from what I can gather from my local branch, they’re encouraging members to start claims dating to April (3 months).

I understand that the union is trying to negotiate for further backdated pay. But is there anything stopping members from claiming holiday pay backdated to any date?

29 Jul 2019, 16:36

Not as far as I know but if they refuse to settle and you have to go to a tribunal they can only make judgements that go back 3 months from the initial complaint. I am not a legal expert but if they think your claim is out of time because you claimed more then 3 months from the complaint they can refuse to make a judgement and dismiss your case.

Check out the Union room for various LTBs on the subject.

29 Jul 2019, 16:42

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Not as far as I know but if they refuse to settle and you have to go to a tribunal they can only make judgements that go back 3 months from the initial complaint. I am not a legal expert but if they think your claim is out of time because you claimed more then 3 months from the complaint they can refuse to make a judgement and dismiss your case.

Check out the Union room for various LTBs on the subject.

Thought so. I always keep an eye out for the LTBs about holiday pay, but it seems Royal Mail don’t want to cooperate. I’m confused as to how they managed to get away with it, as far as I’m aware, it’s law to account overtime in holiday pay. Must be a grey area somewhere?

29 Jul 2019, 19:01

Do what the rep says

30 Jul 2019, 08:51

don’t even need to go to your union rep just fill out this form on Acas they will contact you then get in contact with Royal Mails solicitors who will come back with an offer.

https://tell.acas.org.uk/notification-form

30 Jul 2019, 15:57

So if you go down the ACAS route the back pay will only be to April rather than the 2 years that some suggest we're entitled to?

30 Jul 2019, 18:25

not sure think someone will be in touch .will ask them .

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1