not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

explanation of 12 weeks average pay for a/l

02 Jun 2019, 12:32

Hi

Can someone explain to me the system I have been told that now exists where the 12 weeks prior to when you take a/l is used to work out your holiday pay?

Is this now RM policy?

From what date can it be backdated to? when did it come into effect?

I have in the past 3 years had a 20hr contract but worked 40+ hours every week yet when on a/l only got my contracted hours of 20hr pay, again same on sickness leave?

I was on long term sickness last year after a stroke, when I had my stroke I was on 20hr contract and was paid 20hrs sickness pay, which helped, but obviously if there is any backdate it would help as I am about to lose my home as I worked much longer hours pre stroke, every week, to make things work out financially, but after a long period of sickness and rehab ( over a year ), being paid only contracted hours 20, im in a mess and need to claim any money I can, selfish I know.

Im back now on 23.5 hrs cover duty, there is hope of recovery for people who have a stroke!

02 Jun 2019, 14:11

sardonicus wrote:Hi

Can someone explain to me the system I have been told that now exists where the 12 weeks prior to when you take a/l is used to work out your holiday pay?

You have to do some donkey work yourself, see CWU LTB here: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 15&t=91075

sardonicus wrote:Is this now RM policy?

No, but CWU are trying to force RM's hand by encouraging members to submit individual claims that will go forward as a 'class action' for want of a better term.

02 Jun 2019, 14:28

Thanks for your reply YELLOWBELLY, much appreciated.

Any other replies will be gratefully received, thanks in advance

Sardonicus :Very Happy

02 Jun 2019, 19:28

This topic is helpful too: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... =1&t=91195

03 Jun 2019, 16:57

Don't think it's backdated. You just put a claim in when your on annual leave and use the previous 12 weeks to base it on

03 Jun 2019, 18:31

My average hours of 28hours past 12 weeks on a 24h week contract. I enquired with my DOM if I was eligible for this his reply was "we don't do it locally and it's a automatic thing but in arrears " any idea what he meant ?

03 Jun 2019, 18:54

abuch1980 wrote:My average hours of 28hours past 12 weeks on a 24h week contract. I enquired with my DOM if I was eligible for this his reply was "we don't do it locally and it's a automatic thing but in arrears " any idea what he meant ?

No, he hasn't got a clue, possibly trying to fob you off. There is a procedure you have to follow (look through the linked LTB's) including
raising a grievance and going through ACAS.

03 Jun 2019, 18:58

I've been told in can be backdated for 2 years.

04 Jun 2019, 13:05

wacko74 wrote:I've been told in can be backdated for 2 years.

Where does it say that in the LTB's from CWU? (Or a legal precedent decision from the courts?)

04 Jun 2019, 13:54

yellowbelly wrote:

Where does it say that in the LTB's from CWU? (Or a legal precedent decision from the courts?)

Just what I've been told by my union rep. I think the 2 year precedent was set by the HMP claim?

04 Jun 2019, 18:05

wacko74 wrote:
yellowbelly wrote:

Just what I've been told by my union rep. I think the 2 year precedent was set by the HMP claim?

Agreed that POA managed to get it backdated for two years for their members

http://www.poauk.org.uk/index.php?circu ... or-justice

but there is nothing in the LTB's I've seen from CWU say that ours will be backdated over two years.

3. Members should start progressing individual claims from the start of April 2019.

4. Claims for holiday pay entitlement only covers the first 20 days of any annual leave.

5. ET Claims need to be submitted no longer than 3 months from their last period of leave.

06 Jun 2019, 03:55

abuch1980 wrote:My average hours of 28hours past 12 weeks on a 24h week contract. I enquired with my DOM if I was eligible for this his reply was "we don't do it locally and it's a automatic thing but in arrears " any idea what he meant ?

He is talking what most DOMS talk= SHITE. :crazy:

08 Jun 2019, 11:03

The Prison Service have paid and backdated from March 2016. Staff who left the service after 2016 can also claim and have been paid.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1