not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Holiday pay/12 weeks leading up to holiday

23 May 2019, 20:26

Is this true that they have to pay you the average of what you’ve worked the 12 weeks in the run up to your holiday?

23 May 2019, 21:00

Not true yet. I believe there is something being organised by the union to try and claim this but not in place at the minute.

24 May 2019, 08:16

People are being paid it yes but you need to go through the grievance procedure with your union rep.

24 May 2019, 08:24

Will try to list them all but theses are the ones I can find at the mo, get your branch to help you and your other colleagues in the same situation out...

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 15&t=91075

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 15&t=91202

We have been made aware that managers in certain locations are refusing to log grievances for members over the issue of holiday pay and are claiming that they do not need to follow this process as discussions are now taking place nationally.

If members in your locality are being told this, we advise them to email their manager asking for a grievance to be recorded so that a paper trail exists. We will then notify ACAS that this is the case.

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 15&t=78771

24 May 2019, 20:14

Isit worth claiming this for every single day off? Or just when having a full week or more off. How do you go about it? Isit best to go through union man or go to line manager in the first instance, and should the process be started before holidays taken or wait until afterwards?

28 May 2019, 06:42

jd9442 wrote:Is this true that they have to pay you the average of what you’ve worked the 12 weeks in the run up to your holiday?

It is employment law and is in place in some companies. The Prison Service are currently paying backpay since March 2016.

29 May 2019, 17:02

Apparently you can back date your claim for 2 years, certainly seems well worth the effort, I'll be doing it.

30 May 2019, 03:03

wacko74 wrote:Apparently you can back date your claim for 2 years, certainly seems well worth the effort, I'll be doing it.

Do you know how?

30 May 2019, 04:50

Danielson1974 wrote:
wacko74 wrote:Apparently you can back date your claim for 2 years, certainly seems well worth the effort, I'll be doing it.

Do you know how?

How what?

Do you mean what's involved in the whole process of making a claim?... If so the answer is I don't know yet, I've only just started looking in to it.

It would be really helpful if someone who's already done it, could post up a basic step by step guide as to what's involved in making a claim.

The union are encouraging people to do this but there doesn't seem to be any straight forward guidance on just how to go about

30 May 2019, 15:48

Precedent has been set with The Prison Service having to go back to March 2016. Some staff have received thousands. Even staff who had left the service after March 2016 were entitled to compensation. All they had to do was contact HR who then did the calculations and then paid out. Surely this is a simple process.

30 May 2019, 16:37

Redacer wrote:Precedent has been set with The Prison Service having to go back to March 2016. Some staff have received thousands. Even staff who had left the service after March 2016 were entitled to compensation. All they had to do was contact HR who then did the calculations and then paid out. Surely this is a simple process.

Unless a judge has passed a ruling then this wouldn't be a precedent that could be used in a tribunal. If a precedent has been set then it would be interesting to read the judgement.

Without such a ruling, then its just a process that has been agreed by the claimants and the workplace.

Here is the Prison Officers perspective.

http://www.poauk.org.uk/index.php?poa-n ... urs-worked

Anyone wishing to dig deeper may want to look into what the POA called the Berryman Case

30 May 2019, 16:43

That was easier than I thought it would be

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... dgment.pdf

although the interpretation of the ruling probably needs clarification to see if it can be applied in RMs case.

02 Jun 2019, 18:52

Thank you for posting those links TBT, only just had chance to have a quick scan of them, so you can only claim for a max of 20 days (4weeks) annual leave? Yet I've been told we can backdate the claim upto 2 years, which would mean considerably more than 20 days leave

02 Jun 2019, 19:09

Asking on behalf of my mate, can he still claim if not in the union. Thanks in advance

02 Jun 2019, 19:30

I've had an e-mail from cwu,it was a form to fill in & e-mail back which i did. Today i got a letter saying my complaint was being investigated. I didn't want to complain, just wanted to know if I was owed anything

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2