ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Going under: 'Sinking' Post Office has to shut over health and safety concerns

Latest Post Office® news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Going under: 'Sinking' Post Office has to shut over health and safety concerns

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/n ... ce-2934383" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A decision was taken to close the store after the floor started to sink

A Post Office in Cheltenham has had to close because the 'floor is sinking.'

A notice has been posted on the shutters of The Post Office & Newsagent, in Tewkesbury Road, informing customers the shop had to close due to the 'unforeseen circumstances.'

The manager, Mrs Vu, said she made the decision to close the Post Office after informing the landlord over the weekend that the "floor was sinking."

Mrs Vu added that she was unsure when the Post Office would reopen and that it will be shut for the near future, until a decision is taken about what can be done.

"It happened all of a sudden", she said.

"Nothing like this has happened before."

Customers were made aware as they visited the shop and saw the post taped to the front shutters using 'fragile' parcel tape - it has been closed since Friday.

The notice states: "Dear Customer,

"Due to unforeseen circumstances and health & safety issues.

This Post Office and Newsagents is closed until further notice.

"We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.

"Tewkesbury Road Post Office."

A Post Office spokesperson said: "Tewkesbury Road Post Office, Cheltenham has been temporarily closed since Friday due to unforseen circumstances.

"There are currently issues with the floor.

"It is not yet known at this stage when the branch will be able to re-open.

"We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the unplanned temporary closure of the branch.

"Alternative branches in the area include Hesters Way, Cheltenham High Street and Tennyson Road."

The next nearest Post Office for customers would be in WHSmith on 192-194 High Street in the town centre, or in the Co-operative on Hesters Way Road.

There is also a Post Office at 66 Tennyson Road, Cheltenham.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."