ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bearsden post office worker threatened with gun in robbery

Latest Post Office® news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Bearsden post office worker threatened with gun in robbery

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/176 ... n-robbery/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

THUG held up a post office worker with a gun in Bearsden.

The 47-year-old man was closing up the Stonedyke Post Office on Spey Road around 2.15pm yesterday when he was approached by a man on a dark coloured mountain bike.

Once inside the post office, the robber pulled out a handgun and threatened the worker before making off with a five figure sum of cash, which he put in a black JD Sports branded drawstring bag.

Read more: Police believe missing Emma Faulds may have 'come to harm'

He was last seen heading south on Spey Road on his bike.

The suspect is described as white, around 5ft 7- 5ft 9 and in his late 40s, early 50s.

He was wearing blue overall style trousers, a dark blue oil skin jacket with a hood, a navy tammy hat, black gloves and a silver/white neckerchief.

He also had on grey trainers with a white sole.

Detective Sergeant Colin Kilgour, Community Investigation Unit, said: “Although not physically injured, the man, who was simply closing up after a shift at work, has been left shaken by this incident.

“Our officers are carrying out a number of enquiries, including checking through CCTV, in efforts to trace the person responsible.

“We would ask anyone who thinks they have any information regarding this incident to come forward. Think back, did you see anyone on a mountain bike in the area yesterday afternoon? Were you driving in the area? You could have dash-cam footage that could help us.

“The suspect was wearing quite distinctive clothing – do you remember seeing anyone matching his description? We urge you to get in contact.”

Anyone with any information is asked to contact Police via 101.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."