ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Racist rant at Camden post office staff caught on film

Latest Post Office® news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Racist rant at Camden post office staff caught on film

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43003120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A video of a post office employee being racially abused by a customer has sparked a police investigation.

Officers confirmed on Friday they are looking into the outburst at a post office on Camden High Street, north London, on 24 January.

Samrat Hanif, who caught the tirade on camera before posting it online, said "everyone was shocked" when a woman began "screaming" at the staff member.

The victim, a 53-year-old man, is not pursuing allegations, police said.

Mr Hanif, from London, had been standing in the queue when the woman began shouting at the postal assistant.

"All of a sudden I heard she's screaming. I don't know why she was angry," he said.

He hopes the sensation caused by his Facebook video, which has had more than 900,000 views, will mean "this lady will never ever do this again".

The Post Office's headquarters has offered its "full support" to the team in Camden.

"We expect all of our people to be treated with the dignity and respect they deserve and are very concerned by this incident," it added in a statement.

Police said the rant "appears to be hate crime-related" and they are making enquiries to trace other possible victims.

A spokesman added: "The Met is committed to tackling hate crime in all its forms and we have long since recognised the impact of hate crime on communities.

"Victims of hate crime can be assured that they will be taken seriously by the police."

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."