not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

'It'll affect me massively': Crayford Post Office could close after issue with lease

04 Jul 2016, 13:52

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/dartf ... 4596453.-/

A Bexleyheath man says the potential closure of a well-used post office in Crayford will “massively” affect him.

The post office, situated inside the Mace Store in Crayford Road, has been in operation for years, but there is now an issue with its lease.

Ricky Williams, a regular customer, could have to drive to Northumberland Heath if the service stops trading.

He told News Shopper: “Three or four people could lose their jobs because of the potential closure.

“I use the post office all the time and apparently, it’s going to be turned into a coffee shop.

“It’s going to affect me massively - my nearest one will now be in Northumberland Heath but there’s nowhere to park. I’ll now have to pay for parking.

“Crayford is just so convenient.”

Mr Williams is also aware at how much it will affect the elderly people who use the post office.

The 52-year-old added: “It’s a shame for the elderly people who get all their post and money from there.

he post office is situated inside the Mace store

“They walk to the post office, but where will they go now if it closes? I really feel sorry for them.

“I’ve heard that they’ve been trying to find somewhere to relocate but that will take time. It’s a well-used post office.”

MP for Bexleyheath and Crayford David Evennett said: “I am very disappointed that the post office in Crayford Road could be closing down.

News Shopper: David Evennett opposed the tea rise but backed hikes for other food and drink.

“This will be a huge loss to Crayford residents and businesses.”

A Post Office spokesman said: “We are aware that there is an issue with the lease at the Crayford Post Office and we are currently in talks with the landlord.

“We would like to reassure customers that the Post Office is committed to maintaining a Post Office service in this area of Dartford and will work hard to ensure this.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1