ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

Habbies urged to have their say on Post Office.

Latest Post Office® news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier

Habbies urged to have their say on Post Office.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.paisleydailyexpress.co.uk/re ... -32704484/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A Kilbarchan councillor is urging his constituents to have their say over plans to reshape their Post Office.

SNP Councillor Andy Doig wants residents to get involved in the consultation process for nationwide plans to shake up the provision of Post Office services.

The proposed changes, which come into play in March, will see the branch at Tandlehill Road move into the main part of the Kilbarchan Convenience Store.
There will also be a dramatic increase in opening hours of 6.30am to 10pm seven days a week.

The Post Office is currently open between 9am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, but closes for a 60-minute lunch break at 1pm, and shuts early on Saturdays at 12.30pm.

It is closed all day on Sundays.

Most services for customers will remain the same, however some such as travel insurance and car tax will no longer be available, with villagers having to use the Post Office branch in Johnstone instead.

The consultation process is running until next Thursday, January 31, and Mr Doig is encouraging everyone to contact the Post Office to have their say on how they want their branch to develop.

“I went to see the Post Office staff at Tandlehill Road and they seem positive about the proposed changes,” he said.

“For me, as a local councillor, the main thing is that the service is being retained in the village and Habbies should have their say on what they think of these changes.

“To facilitate this, I have sent the information onto Kilbarchan Community Council and to others in the village too.

“I would urge all Habbies to contact the Post Office soon.”

A spokeswoman for the Post Office said: “We’re investing in our branches to make them more modern and convenient for customers and the subpostmasters who run them.

“We’re talking to the subpostmaster at Kilbarchan Post Office about the possibility of making some changes as part of the programme of investment.

“This would mean Post Office services would be offered from a till on the retail counter in a modernised open-plan branch instead of from the separate security screened counter.

“If the change goes ahead Kilbarchan Post Office would be open for longer.

“Customers are being invited to comment on the proposed changes and have until January 31 to respond.”

To get involved in the consultation process, telephone the Post Office on 08457 223344 textphone 08457 223355 or email comments@postoffice.co.uk
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
I am using an automatic grammar and spelling app, your original post if quoted may be amended by default. No judgement in your use of grammar or spelling is intended or meant.