ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Post Office legal chief accused of 'lying' to prevent a 'cascade of criminal appeals'

Latest Post Office® news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post Office legal chief accused of 'lying' to prevent a 'cascade of criminal appeals'

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Rodric Williams has been accused of “lying” after failing to admit that the Post Office feared an Alan Bates victory would lead to a “cascade of criminal appeals”.

Referring to Mr Bates’ group litigation order which ended in a High Court victory for the former sub-postmaster and 554 others, Edward Henry KC asked: “The Post Office was fighting the GLO tooth and claw because you all knew that if you lost the civil litigation a cascade of criminal appeals would follow didn’t you?”

Mr Williams replied: “I don’t recall turning my mind to that time, no.”

Mr Henry said: “I suggest you’re lying. There was a strategy in the GLO which was coordinated with the pending appeals, wasn’t there, fight it at all costs?”

Mr Williams answered: “There was certainly discussion around appeals over the common issues judgement at that time, yes.”

Mr Henry asked: “Even recuse the judge to put a spanner in the works?”

Mr Williams replied: “Post Office made an application to recuse the managing judge, yes.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
Now retired