ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Post Office boss Nick Read given last chance to submit 80-page report on his behaviour to MPs

Latest Post Office® news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post Office boss Nick Read given last chance to submit 80-page report on his behaviour to MPs

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://news.sky.com/story/pot-office-b ... s-13087377

While the report has not been released, it's expected to accuse Mr Read of bullying and threatening to resign as he was unhappy with his pay and sought £1.1m.

The Post Office's embattled chief executive has been issued with a final chance to submit the 80-page investigation into his conduct before a committee of MPs look to formally summon the report.

After a number of lapsed deadlines to provide the report, Nick Read has been told by the Business and Trade Committee chair he has a deadline of 9am on Tuesday morning.

If it is not submitted by then, the committee will discuss formally summoning the document, an infrequently used and limited power retained by MP committees when they are unsuccessful in their normal requests.

The existence of the report came as a bombshell last week.

It had been thought that the former Post Office chairman Henry Staunton, sacked earlier this year by business secretary Kemi Badenoch, had been subject to investigation.

But at the committee hearing last week, Mr Staunton said he was only mentioned in one paragraph and the report was "a big investigation into Nick".

The report was compiled by a former human resources (HR) director and whistle-blower and said Mr Read threatened to resign because he was unhappy with his pay and made accusations of bullying. According to a Sunday Times report, Mr Read sought a £1.1m pay package.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."