ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Lumpsump
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Lumpsump
There is no lump sum.koolishy67 wrote:Simple question when we get Lumpsump if deal is going to be agree.
Back pay will appear in pay chits 1 - 2 weeks after a yes vote. Unless RM decides to change the pay rate before the deal is accepted (unlikely).
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Lumpsump
Saves RM money by paying out later. Will also increase profits on the books for the 2017-18 tax year.noggin1969 wrote:Looks like they're kicking the back pay into the new tax year.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Lumpsump
Voting no, just on the basis of the incredible amount of patience we have shown in getting a pay deal A YEAR LATE. No patience left. Not the unions fault but this is an utterly unacceptable amount of time for a deal to be struck. There should have been a clause in this proposed agreement that all future pay deals would be put out to the vote by at the latest June of the year it runs out (i.e.) . And the offer is a weak one, a lot dependent on reviews etc from pensions to working practices instead of cast in stone.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Lumpsump
Yes overtime as well. Best to read the whole agreement. Many things are more important than a bit more money.M1keb wrote:Is overtime backdated as well ? Or just contracted hours
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
borders
- Posts: 1304
- Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 09:10
Lumpsump
with all due respect ,there must be some desperate people out there ..... the Back Pay / Lump Sum or whatever you want to call it is hardly Life Changing !! it really beggars belief that many people have not read the whole Agreement . in my opinion the Agreement has so many holes and grey areas in it , one should have at least some idea in what we are all letting ourselves in for , in
exchange for a few pieces of silver !
exchange for a few pieces of silver !
"why should it just be the bankers, politicians and the idle rich who get all the best things ? we demand a standard of living for our members that enables them to share in the fine wines and times that the likes of Cameron and his Eton buddies take for granted " - the late great Bob Crow RIP.
-
BeamishStout
- Posts: 387
- Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
- Gender: Male
Lumpsump
I don't know but I imagine that the first priority for payroll will be to set up pensions deductions correctly for the 6th April payroll as many will be affected one way or another depending on what scheme you went for and level of contributions you have elected. Bearing in mind that (I assume) payroll will now not be working until Tuesday 3rd April morning, I reckon we will be doing well to see the calculation of backpay, possible dummy payroll run and actual funds into our bank account on 13th April! With no news from CWU today, I am not at all optimistic for payment on 6th April and am hoping for no later than 13th April as I am retiring once back pay is banked.Jambomatt1874 wrote:Now that the yes voters got there way, when are we going to get our backpay so I can go and get hammered nothing else for it