not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Questions at Interview

08 Nov 2019, 12:47

Hello everyone,

I have an interview on Tuesday and even though i have searched this site as to the sort of questions you get asked there were a couple of questions which i was asked 2 years ago which i dont think i did too well on. One was 'what do you think health and safety entails at the Royal Mail' and the other one was 'what can you tell me about the Royal Mail.' Now i dont think i did too badly with the second one but if anybody could tell me what they think would be the best sort of answers for both i would appreciate it. The people i spoke to who passed their interviews never got these questions.

thank you

Questions at Interview

10 Nov 2019, 22:00

Bugsy wrote:Hello everyone,

I have an interview on Tuesday and even though i have searched this site as to the sort of questions you get asked there were a couple of questions which i was asked 2 years ago which i dont think i did too well on. One was 'what do you think health and safety entails at the Royal Mail' and the other one was 'what can you tell me about the Royal Mail.' Now i dont think i did too badly with the second one but if anybody could tell me what they think would be the best sort of answers for both i would appreciate it. The people i spoke to who passed their interviews never got these questions.

thank you

The basics H&S topics which you should expand on are (I would imagine):

Vehicle safety checks and driving safely.
Slips, trips and falls (whilst delivering).
Dog attacks (whilst delivering).
Manual handling.
Paper cuts....... :Boo hoo!

Questions at Interview

10 Nov 2019, 22:02

yellowbelly wrote:
Bugsy wrote:Hello everyone,

thank you

The basics H&S topics which you should expand on are (I would imagine):

Vehicle safety checks and driving safely.
Slips, trips and falls (whilst delivering).
Dog attacks (whilst delivering).
Manual handling.
Paper cuts....... :Boo hoo!

That last one's a joke by the way......

Questions at Interview

11 Nov 2019, 17:14

Yeah i thought as much :chuckle, thanks for replying.

Does anybody else have any answers/opinions on what i asked?

Questions at Interview

13 Nov 2019, 14:15

I got a job with RM recently unfortuantely it was a bit of blur but these two questions cropped up

An instance of where you promoted change e.g. I said I'd helped streamline a part of a business using my own initiative and gave details
Given the importance of H&S at Royal mail can you give examples of this - Safe system of work (local and national), manual handling, reporting / challenging incidents of concern etc
In my previous interview, I failed a question that was asked about how to manage stress

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1