not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT CWU : We have announced an industrial action ballot timetable in Royal Mail group - ballot papers will be dispatched on 24th September if no agreement is reached before then. HERE

2nd day and manager said I may be transferred

30 Jan 2019, 20:13

Hi everyone,

So it’s my second day and really enjoying where I am. Great bunch of people, however After coming off my round with my partner my manager told me I might be transferred to another delivery office.

The reason why I joined Is that my local delivery office is only down the road and that’s where I got the job. My contract hasn’t even come through yet. Are they allowed to swap me around to a different delivery office? She told me this would be perminant! I feel this isn’t fair!

Is there anything I can do, I did say I wasn’t happy about it and she said there was nothing she could do.

Thanks

30 Jan 2019, 21:51

This happens with almost all new starters, they are sent to other offices who needs staff.
Can`t be permanent, it`s just a loan.
Don`t use your own car for transport as you are not insured for that and if you are not happy about it, make sure they will arrange transport for you to and from the other office to your permanent work place, where you got the job.
No matter what they say it`s a lie, you start there and finish there at your contracted hours, if you want over time and are happy to be sent to other offices, ok, if you`re not, hold your position :)
Also, join the cwu (communications workers union) if you didn`t already and tomorrow ask arround who`s the union rep and have a word with him about what your manager said.
Good luck :Very Happy

30 Jan 2019, 23:37

Janet Brum wrote:This happens with almost all new starters, they are sent to other offices who needs staff.
Can`t be permanent, it`s just a loan.
Don`t use your own car for transport as you are not insured for that and if you are not happy about it, make sure they will arrange transport for you to and from the other office to your permanent work place, where you got the job.
No matter what they say it`s a lie, you start there and finish there at your contracted hours, if you want over time and are happy to be sent to other offices, ok, if you`re not, hold your position :)
Also, join the cwu (communications workers union) if you didn`t already and tomorrow ask arround who`s the union rep and have a word with him about what your manager said.
Good luck :Very Happy

Thank you janet I just want to stop where I am as it’s a small office and just getting to know everyone! I actually think I’m out on a round with my work place union rep tomorrow and I will see what they say! Was feeling really Positive up until today when that was mentioned.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1