not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

First wage

24 Jan 2019, 19:36

Just received my first pay slip of £327 gross for 30 hours. This isn't enough, is it easy enough to get extra with overtime or does it work on a priority basis with longest serving employees given first choice? Thanks.

First wage

24 Jan 2019, 19:56

first come first served normally, most of the time if the office is organised there wont be any ot available. If you knew this wouldnt be enough money without ot why did you accept the job?

First wage

24 Jan 2019, 22:07

leolion855 wrote:first come first served normally, most of the time if the office is organised there wont be any ot available. If you knew this wouldnt be enough money without ot why did you accept the job?
I was told by other people that have worked there that there is always ot available

First wage

25 Jan 2019, 07:21

Assassin6 wrote:
leolion855 wrote:first come first served normally, most of the time if the office is organised there wont be any ot available. If you knew this wouldnt be enough money without ot why did you accept the job?
I was told by other people that have worked there that there is always ot available

Overtime is never guaranteed, but generally, some is usually available.

However, different offices work overtime in different ways, best check with the trainer, rep and manager to see what your office system is.

First wage

25 Jan 2019, 18:16

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Assassin6 wrote:

Overtime is never guaranteed, but generally, some is usually available.

However, different offices work overtime in different ways, best check with the trainer, rep and manager to see what your office system is. Thanks for your reply, I'm going to join the union as my trainer or manager don't tell me much as a newbie which is understandable. All I know is I must work 5 weeks Monday to Saturday then get a full week off paid? May I ask, do they not pay time and half for a Saturday or is that included in the contract as part of my normal hours? I've still yet to receive my contract in the post.
We arrived back an hour late on delivery today too and I only just found out before that goes down as an hour overtime which I never knew, I worked 40 mins over on Tuesday and nobody said anything.

First wage

25 Jan 2019, 19:51

As you are on a 30 hour contract, the first 8 hours of overtime you do will be at SSPR which is the same as your normal hourly rate (basic pay plus delivery supplement and any other supplements you get). That is to ensure that everyone that works 38 hours receives the same total amount - subject to their hourly rate.

Beyond 8 hours you will receive the standard overtime, which is not much more than the normal hourly rate - and because it doesn't include supplements, it may be less than your hourly rate! All overtime Monday to Saturday is paid on the same basis, there is no time and a half or anything like that. I have worked on a Sunday a couple of times and that is paid at approximately time and a quarter.

As you have discovered, because no one told you, you need to book/claim overtime when you leave each day. And make sure you keep a record of it so you can check it is paid correctly - it should be in your pay the following week.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1