not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Do you need driving experience?

29 Jan 2018, 19:13

Hello, Just want to ask some questions when applying for a postman/postwoman driving role...

Do Royal Mail want to know how many driving experience you have on the interview? I am a Learner Driver, hoping to pass my driving test this year, and wanted to try a driving job. :hmmmm

Should I just at least get myself a few months real driving with my car before getting ready to become a postman/woman? :hmmmm

30 Jan 2018, 14:44

I would apply for a job as soon as you have passed your test, if you pass then you are good to go.. You will have to produce your full driving licence at the interview and it will be checked by recruitment with the DVLA to see if you have been banned before or have points on your licence. The recruitment process can take months so do not wait around. Good luck.

01 Feb 2018, 16:07

I have passed my test 2 days ago! :nana

I don't know, I am just a new driver, can they take me on just recently passed? I need motorway driving as experience as well. :Sick

Do they train you for recently pass drivers? Like show you basic routes to deliver for the start?
I really want to do a driving job in a few months, can anyone share your insight for sombody like me interested to work as a postman/postwoman.

01 Feb 2018, 19:30

Whilst you need a licence to get the job, if your local office is small you will most likely be pushing a trolley not driving.
If the office is large then it is usual for a walk/delivery to be done by van paired up with another postman/women. As they will have the
greater knowledge regarding the route, they will do normally do the driving, deliver less letters but drive to deliver the larger parcels while you
are finishing your letters. In time when you get used to the walks you may take over the driving.

11 Nov 2019, 17:15

rupyred05 wrote:I have passed my test 2 days ago! :nana

I don't know, I am just a new driver, can they take me on just recently passed? I need motorway driving as experience as well. :Sick

Do they train you for recently pass drivers? Like show you basic routes to deliver for the start?
I really want to do a driving job in a few months, can anyone share your insight for sombody like me interested to work as a postman/postwoman.

if you become a postman you wont be driving for them for a few months minimum anyway
Youll be sharing a van with someone until you pass royal mails "exam", even when you do the exam it's very rarely youll be out on your own

and when you are, load google maps and away you go

You passed a driving test because you can drive, so dont start thinking you need more experience, because you don't, otherwise you wouldn't have passed your test

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1