ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

reserved contract

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
freddie1970

reserved contract

Post by freddie1970 »

Hi,
I had an interview this morning, been offered a job this afternoon subject to health checks and assessments etc.
Can some one explain to me what a reserved contract is please ?
I asked in my interview but still none the wiser.
Thank you.

Barnacle

Re: reserved contract

Post by Barnacle »

Reserved and not Reserve?

Postie or some other part of the company?
’You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.’
freddie1970

Post by freddie1970 »

sorry. Yes as a postie.
I may have misheard him. he might have said reserve.
BenacreNick

Post by BenacreNick »

A reserve is where you don't actually have your own duty, you just back-fill duties of others, ie sickness, annual leave, day off etc.

This means you could get shunted around from week to week, or day to day.

It will be tough until you get a handle on many different delivery duties.

When spare duties appear on your noticeboard, make sure you apply as you may secure your own duty.

Clearly training will be provided with a van-share partner, and make sure you milk it and ask for extra training as well. :cuppa
freddie1970

Post by freddie1970 »

Thank you.
So why does that mean I'll only be on a 30 hour contract when others are on 37 hour full time contract ?
Why can't the hours be the same ?
BenacreNick

Post by BenacreNick »

I'm guessing that the majority of your delivery frame will already be prepped in and ready, when you arrive in the morning ? :cuppa

Also, you will need to pass a simple independent driving test, but if your office has shiny new electric vehicles you will need extra training for that as well, as they are quite different to drive than diesels.

Most importantly Freddie, best of luck.
freddie1970

Post by freddie1970 »

Thank you.
Barnacle

Post by Barnacle »

freddie1970 wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 19:04
Thank you.
So why does that mean I'll only be on a 30 hour contract when others are on 37 hour full time contract ?
Why can't the hours be the same ?
No one is put on a 37 hour contract anymore. Once you have your foot in the door and start to know the walks you can start to pick up bits of overtime or start coming in a bit earlier. That’s how most get their hours up to full time.
’You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.’