ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How on earth am I getting paid?

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
MC750

How on earth am I getting paid?

Post by MC750 »

Hi all,
I started as a postie on 11th March so now in my fourth week.
I'm on a 30 hour contract, so I have to work 6 hours per day, five days a week.
Since starting I've been doing more like 8 hours per day to get everything done. We never stop for any breaks.
But my payslip for march which covers the 13 days I worked (from 11th to 31st) only states 0.32 hours overtime ???
I dont have a swipe card yet, just been logging my attendance on the PDA as requested by the manager.
Can anyone explain the process for new starters?

gfte

Re: How on earth am I getting paid?

Post by gfte »

If you're in my DO you'd have to be logging your overtime on paper. Best ask what the process is in your office.

Then buy a diary and log it all every day as well as whatever your office tells you to do.
Barnacle

Post by Barnacle »

MC750 wrote:
04 Apr 2024, 19:07
Hi all,
I started as a postie on 11th March so now in my fourth week.
I'm on a 30 hour contract, so I have to work 6 hours per day, five days a week.
Since starting I've been doing more like 8 hours per day to get everything done. We never stop for any breaks.
But my payslip for march which covers the 13 days I worked (from 11th to 31st) only states 0.32 hours overtime ???
I dont have a swipe card yet, just been logging my attendance on the PDA as requested by the manager.
Can anyone explain the process for new starters?
Generally, the sign in sign out card scan does not provide a record of your hours worked that they use. It is merely to show you arrived on time and didn’t scan out early.

For any hours that you work over, either starting early if asked or finishing later, this must be written on a sheet that the manager will have somewhere - ask a work colleague where the overtime sheet for your division is kept.

There is a new sheet every day so you must write any overtime hours on it, that day. If the hours over are from the day before put the date in the margin.

Oh and take your breaks or you will burnout.
’You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.’
Foxel
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by Foxel »

Typical RM, give you a PDA, a van full of mail and send you out.

I relied on other posties to explain ATD which you'll need to be claiming on a 6 hour a day contract.
I'm turning purple!
Soulseek

Post by Soulseek »

Cut of date for overtime in March is the 17th any overtime you work after that will not be paid until the end of April.
Barnacle

Post by Barnacle »

Soulseek wrote:
08 Apr 2024, 16:32
Cut of date for overtime in March is the 17th any overtime you work after that will not be paid until the end of April.
Who are paid monthly?
’You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.’
Soulseek

Post by Soulseek »

As far as I know any new starters on the new contracts.
CarryingMGMT
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by CarryingMGMT »

Foxel wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 19:52
Typical RM, give you a PDA, a van full of mail and send you out.

I relied on other posties to explain ATD which you'll need to be claiming on a 6 hour a day contract.
Probably not going to be able to rely on that type of advice for much longer.