ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bit of PDA training

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
MC750

Bit of PDA training

Post by MC750 »

Hi all, I've just started as a postie, but my training so far has been very rushed with another guy (not a WPC) who really doesn't want me slowing him down.
So rather than have him get into yet another temper with me, I thought I'd ask here about basic scanning. Do the non-tracked items still have to be scanned at the customers door? I've just been scanning everything and the PDA tells me if it's not recognised, but is this ok?
Is there anywhere a PDA user guide for posties so I can learn it at home?

clashcityrocker

Re: Bit of PDA training

Post by clashcityrocker »

If you can scan it you should scan it.

Preferably the 2D barcodes but if that doesn't work use the 1D barcode. (if neither scan you can manually input the 1D barcode)
Why not phone up Robin Hood
manboss

Post by manboss »

In time you will start to recognise what you need to scan and what not to, but you're doing it right, if in doubt, just scan it! :thumbup those that show as " Not Recognised" are the ones that don't need the scan.

Its like at that moment, a lot of foreign barcodes that need indoor scans, are being missed (in the business as a whole), but there's no certain way of knowing which they are, so i just scan them all.
R5001

Post by R5001 »

If it can be scanned, it should be scanned, that's the idea. Whistle mail, some internationals and the like with weird barcodes, you'll learn don't scan, so skip those, but everything that does scan, you should scan.
BenacreNick

Post by BenacreNick »

Welcone MC.

Also when you scan you may be asked for a photo (yellow) or signature (black dot) or both.

Green is 1st attempt, red is 2nd attempt.

Best of luck :cuppa