ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Occupational Health issue

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Seboonbebo

Occupational Health issue

Post by Seboonbebo »

I have been offered a delivery role and all was going great until my initial OH assessment. The review states I need to book an appointment with them which I have scheduled. Issue is I have been treated for anxiety for a number of years now.

I have never taken a day off work due to my MH and the medication helps me function - which is a huge help with my current role in Sales.

Should I be worried about OH and being able to start with Royal Mail?

R5001

Re: Occupational Health issue

Post by R5001 »

So long as OH agrees you can perform the job, you won't have any issue. One of the few remaining good things is that RM hires anyone and generally does make a good attempt to accommodate people, autism, mental health issues, lgbt stuff, epilepsy etc, Anxiety is pretty low on the list of things that can exclude you, it's more physical ailments (Inability to walk or carry) that can prevent you from being able to work here. the checks will just be to cover their arse, and it helps you if you need to get a manager to cool off, it's documented that you have problems and they should know to take a little more care.

I will say that the local management can be a bit s**t though, it might not help your anxiety, so keep your eyes on the market for other jobs until you're sure you can handle it, better to leave than be pushed if it's needed.
Seboonbebo

Re: Occupational Health issue

Post by Seboonbebo »

Thanks for the response. I genuinely believe that there is no concern for my anxiety in my new role so hopefully they agree.

I've never had a spell of work despite working in a high pressure environment with the condition. I also feel my personality will fit well with my job at Royal Mail and I'm well used to working long hours ect.

Thanks for putting me at ease!