ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Manpower jobs at royalmail

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
davekent1970

Manpower jobs at royalmail

Post by davekent1970 »

Morning all,

They are advertising for collections drivers, m-f, 15.00- 19.00, temp work, working out of delivery offices.

Do these jobs exist or are they just trying to create a pool of potential workers like angard do.

Would there be opportunities to increase the hours/overtime.?

I have read the negative and positive opinions here about working for RM at the moment., but these temp jobs may suit me.

Thanks for any thoughts

qwerty2

Re: Manpower jobs at royalmail

Post by qwerty2 »

If it’s temp go for it
You can always walk away if you don’t like it
In the future If they offer you a contract you may have to work Sundays etc
ted_e_bear

Post by ted_e_bear »

The jobs do exist out of some delivery offices, they class them as collection hubs, there's quite a lot fewer of them these days as last year loads of postbox collections were added on to deliveries, bare in mind it's a 6 day operation, the guy who turns up at a post office on my walk says his Saturday shift ends at 7pm, as mentioned it's temporary so nothing to lose, it'll almost certainly be working from a larger office that do late parcels and Sunday parcels so if thats your thing maybe you could enquire for extra/alternative work.
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by fb1969 »

The office I worked in used to use ManPower and a few other agencies. In the whole time I was there, there was never anyone from Angard.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
Lurker280

Post by Lurker280 »

I work at a larger DO it’s a collection hub. I recently moved from manpower to a contract when I was with manpower I worked with collections so those shifts do exist but I used to do 1 to 7 or 2 to 8
Basildon Bond

Post by Basildon Bond »

davekent1970 wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 08:59
Morning all,

They are advertising for collections drivers, m-f, 15.00- 19.00, temp work, working out of delivery offices.

Do these jobs exist or are they just trying to create a pool of potential workers like angard do.

Would there be opportunities to increase the hours/overtime.?

I have read the negative and positive opinions here about working for RM at the moment., but these temp jobs may suit me.

Thanks for any thoughts
Manpower are a real company. Just don't count on them knowing the exact hours you are required to work. Vague, blurry, indeterminate should be applied to how much Manpower knows about RM. They'll try to hoover you up and get you signed and hand you over and then the hours could well change. However, if this isn't a big problem go for it - like it; or lump it; or leave! :Very Happy
davekent1970

Post by davekent1970 »

Many thanks to all posters for their feeback and advice.
I will do an update in a couple of weeks time.