ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Making extra hours

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
diggermatt

Making extra hours

Post by diggermatt »

Hi everyone. I'm in an unrelated industry at the moment, but looking for something new and being a postie always appealed. There is a delivery job at my local office, but the hours and hourly rate are less than what I currently earn (30 X £12.29 at RN vs 37.5 X £13.03). I guess my question is will I be able to make up the shortfall every month with overtime? The main benefit for me would be commute time (20 mins at RM vs up to 90 mins). Thanks in advance for any advice. Matt

ted_e_bear

Re: Making extra hours

Post by ted_e_bear »

diggermatt wrote:
26 Jan 2024, 08:30
Hi everyone. I'm in an unrelated industry at the moment, but looking for something new and being a postie always appealed. There is a delivery job at my local office, but the hours and hourly rate are less than what I currently earn (30 X £12.29 at RN vs 37.5 X £13.03). I guess my question is will I be able to make up the shortfall every month with overtime? The main benefit for me would be commute time (20 mins at RM vs up to 90 mins). Thanks in advance for any advice. Matt
It would depend on how close to fully staffed the office is I'd say,as they're advertising they obviously aren't fully staffed but the overtime on offer will more than likely be working your day off so bear in mind that would be 6 days, oh we get a 2% pay rise April so it would increase slightly to £12.54 pretty soon after you started.
BenacreNick

Post by BenacreNick »

After finding your feet for a few weeks Diggermat, you should be able to fill your boots and make the extra hours easily.

It's all about finding the right person who is offering the overtime. :cuppa
guardianangel

Post by guardianangel »

They have just cut overtime in our office ,the new starters dont get paid for breaks so they are using them for early prep times, i'll never understand the union agreeing to a 2 tier workforce, if you dont like to be bullied or harassed maybe Royal mail isn't for you .i'd think long and hard about joining this toxic workforce.