ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Awaiting job interview as postie

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
PostieC

Awaiting job interview as postie

Post by PostieC »

Hi everyone, just joined the chat and wondered if anyone can give any advice for a job interview with royal mail as a postie, many thanks

ted_e_bear

Re: Awaiting job interview as postie

Post by ted_e_bear »

PostieC wrote:
17 Jan 2024, 14:37
Hi everyone, just joined the chat and wondered if anyone can give any advice for a job interview with royal mail as a postie, many thanks
When I started they liked to hear about how you were able to work as a teamplayer, but I think these days as long as you turn up and manage to stay awake you'll be fine.
Basildon Bond

Re: Awaiting job interview as postie

Post by Basildon Bond »

If you want the job just say "Yes" or "Sure, I can do that" to any question - meaning I'll bend over backwards to any request.

Wear black trousers or shorts. It's cold at the moment so wear a couple of t-shirts and a fleece. Comfortable shoes/boots. Comb your hair. Smile.

You'll get the job. Ask for a jacket or vest before you go out for the first time.

As for what you could be doing each morning see: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=112029&p=1081197#p1081197. Learn the process enough to be able to explain it to the person you are meeting with.

Good luck.