ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sundays on new contract 2023

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Lozzalamb

Sundays on new contract 2023

Post by Lozzalamb »

Hi everyone, I’m on a 30 hour contract. With regards to Sundays I have currently done 8 Sundays straight with 2 days off in the week. I question the management why it’s always the same 4 people that are doing the Sundays when there are numerous who have Sunday in their contract. When I took the job on back in summer, I was told that it would be the odd Sunday. I would like your thoughts on this as this is unsociable hours and I’m not getting a family life balance.

goneaway

Re: Sundays on new contract 2023

Post by goneaway »

I'm going to guess that the four asked to work the most Sundays are the ones who were last in the door. Or perhaps the four least likely to kick up a fuss with management?

Do you even get paid an enhanced rate for all the Sundays worked in your pay, or is that paid at the same rate as weekdays under your new contract as well?

If management can't justify good reasons the four of you are singled out for working more Sundays than others on the same contract, you could raise a formal grievance. If you are in the union, I would speak to one of their reps, to help you with this, and give further advice.
Lozzalamb

Post by Lozzalamb »

We get paid the same rate and some of us have spoken up and all they come back with is Sundays are in your contract. Will speak to the union, hopefully something can be sorted out. Thank you for replying
Valentina@1

Post by Valentina@1 »

Union won’t do anything 🤦🏻
guardianangel

Post by guardianangel »

Good luck they are doing the same in our place,the new contracts are so weak you will be their bitch forever all aided and agreed by the union,in our place the bosses just say if you dont like it leave,this is where we are since the union capitulated they are finished and have no clout. Good luck doesn't look like things will change anytime soon.
Lozzalamb

Post by Lozzalamb »

Looks like a lot are going to leave. I can’t see any way for change. They will have to make a change eventually as they will lose a lot of people
TracyA86

Post by TracyA86 »

Hey, in a local office (apparently it's quite common) - they put new starters every Sunday until they're experienced. In our office, we are contracted for every other Sunday...
koji878

Post by koji878 »

TracyA86 wrote:
31 Dec 2023, 17:31
Hey, in a local office (apparently it's quite common) - they put new starters every Sunday until they're experienced. In our office, we are contracted for every other Sunday...
Once trained what shift pattern do you work to have every other Sunday off ? And how long roughly until they give you that thinking of applying but don't want to work every Sunday or Early every Sunday ?
TopperGas

Post by TopperGas »

Our new recruits work every Sunday. or at least once a month, as we don't have enough of them for them not to work, perhaps it's different in offices where there's a lot of new starters??
Soulseek

Post by Soulseek »

We work 4 out of 6 Sundays 4 consecutive then 2 off
Playmail

Post by Playmail »

Sundays are class miles rather do that day than a Wednesday or Thursday