ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

HR contacts (do they exist), contract hours, pay

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
simonpostie

HR contacts (do they exist), contract hours, pay

Post by simonpostie »

Hello,
I started with an agency (30 hour) in march, full time (40 hour) with royal mail on october 2nd. I wanted to change to 30 and put that in with my manager. She told me She would sort that out. I thought that I was put on a 30 as no one told me otherwise. I thought this because the only place I can find my hours is a sheet posted in the managers office, some people tell me to look there, others tell me not to go in the managers office. I can not find my hours anywhere else, I am not told my hours.
I would like to know how I can find my hours, where I can find a payslip that indicates the hours I have worked. Also, how do they log the hours and the overtime. At the moment I have to write my hours on an overtime sheet, which I believe opens up possibility for theft, logging overtime that has not been worked? how would they check this? My complaint is doing overtime and possibly not getting paid for it.
I saw a timetable on the wall in the managers office, starting the 4th of Dec (monday) I took this as my work roster for the week. It said 1400 start time and postcode I was working and days. I assumed an 2000 finish as this is normal for 30 hour contract. There is a column stating "contract" which has a number. I know certain people have a 30 hour contract and see either "30" or "32" next to their name. My name has "30" in that column, surely this means I have been transfered over. However my manager claims this is not so, I believe she is messing with my hours to suit her. This is why I want to find something in writing and whether or not I can put in a grevaince against her. I can not contact HR as they are an email service now.

guardianangel

Re: HR contacts (do they exist), contract hours, pay

Post by guardianangel »

Guys in our place do 1 hours overtime and log 4, just last week 1 guy logged 2 hours overtime but ran around on his duty and finished on time, this sort of thing happens all the time,dont know how they get away with it and the pda actuals,some guys take the vans home and never come back to the office they just take a photo of the consolidation and do it at home,what i have learnt if you do all your duty no matter how long or how much you claim management will turn a blind eye,costing the company 1000's.As for your hours good luck, with the new contracts they have you by the balls and agency they just rip off.