ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Hourly rate not consistent

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Mrpmrp

Hourly rate not consistent

Post by Mrpmrp »

Hi guys, I have been offered a new start contract to be confirmed after security checks etc.

But I have seen alot of other delivery offices, offering higher hourly pay and for a higher hourly contract now for the same role, bit annoying.

Why can different delivery offices offer higher hourly starting rates?

guardianangel

Re: Hourly rate not consistent

Post by guardianangel »

Mrpmrp wrote:
04 Dec 2023, 14:26
Hi guys, I have been offered a new start contract to be confirmed after security checks etc.

But I have seen alot of other delivery offices, offering higher hourly pay and for a higher hourly contract now for the same role, bit annoying.

ASK THE CWU im sure they can answer all your question since they agreed to a two tier workforce.
BenacreNick

Post by BenacreNick »

Could it be that you are outside the M25 London higher wages bracket, and the adverts are for inside ?
:cuppa
TopperGas

Post by TopperGas »

Mrpmrp wrote:

Like any other employer I guess to attract staff to apply for the job they can offer what they want within reason,
Mrpmrp

Post by Mrpmrp »

OK guys, well I got a reply from recruitment and they said that all offices are the same wage. Received my contract and it is different from what was advertised
Mrpmrp

Post by Mrpmrp »

TopperGas wrote:
04 Dec 2023, 19:25
Mrpmrp wrote:

Like any other employer I guess to attract staff to apply for the job they can offer what they want within reason,
Guess this...
Smoothbackground

Post by Smoothbackground »

It is a lottery. One of our agency boys had to go back to HR as they initially tried to get him to sign a permanent contract giving an hourly rate £2 an hour less than what the rest of us are on, they changed it no problem but only because he knew from us what we were being paid. Wouldn’t mind but my payslip has the rate 2 pence per hour more than the contract says!
Mrpmrp

Post by Mrpmrp »

Yeah you have to have good comprehension skills because every communication with them, the information changes.