ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Any chance of improvement?

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Liam19861

Any chance of improvement?

Post by Liam19861 »

Evening all, I have just accepted a job as postperson with driving, but upon reading this forum I have my doubts.
My question is are there any changes in the pipeline for fairer contracts to new starts in regard to overtime, Sunday suppliments ect to fit in with the older contracts and not so much of a two tier system?

aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Any chance of improvement?

Post by aiden01 »

Liam19861 wrote:
01 Nov 2023, 21:51
Evening all, I have just accepted a job as postperson with driving, but upon reading this forum I have my doubts.
My question is are there any changes in the pipeline for fairer contracts to new starts in regard to overtime, Sunday suppliments ect to fit in with the older contracts and not so much of a two tier system?
Would say no chance you get what you sign for.
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by fb1969 »

The new contracts only came in in November 2022 and it was at least six months before RM really started recruiting anyone. RM want as many people as possible on these contracts, so the chance of them changing them is pretty remote. The CWU have mentioned the contracts changing after a year, but RM just do what they want so again there is a very remote chance of anything changing.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
robnoonie

Post by robnoonie »

Hi,
I have just turned down my job as a postie (after getting my contract). Should have been starting today.
The job sounded very good in the job advert. 0800hr to 1400hrs 30hrs a week is not what it is.
Contract says 0600hrs to 2200hrs core time and the biggest thing that put me off was going from 30hrs a week to yearly flexible hours. So you have your hours for the year (1560hrs) for me and when it is not busy you could be doing 4hrs a day then during Christmas period you could be doing 10hrs a day with no overtime pay.
Also I have heard most posties on new contract will be doing most Sundays.
guardianangel

Post by guardianangel »

Not a hope in hell,if history is anything to go by it will get worse rather than better.
steveolearx

Post by steveolearx »

You did the right thing, it’s a s**t environment to work in as a new starter, terrible contract, toxic work culture in the delivery office, massive workload, 10 miles + a day walking and zero training.
Pidleypoo

Post by Pidleypoo »

Those new contracts are absolutely insane.

I’ve got no idea why anyone would want to sign up for this job on those terms.

Your life is royal mails to dictate to and from what I can see , people are voting with their feet.

Rm will have to change position at some point.
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by fb1969 »

But the adverts say "There has never been a more exciting time to join us! We are reinventing Royal Mail for the future and now is a perfect time to join us on that journey" so what's not to like!
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
Mrpmrp

Post by Mrpmrp »

steveolearx wrote:
08 Nov 2023, 15:39
You did the right thing, it’s a s**t environment to work in as a new starter, terrible contract, toxic work culture in the delivery office, massive workload, 10 miles + a day walking and zero training.
I'm in my first month and its exactly this!! Plus we're on worse benefits from the start. We are just entertainment for the FT'mers who are favoured over us clearly. (Even tho that's against employment law)

I only took it 2 get jobcentre off my back for awhile, while I recovered from a injury. Then I will look at something different, and FULL TIME!