ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Contracted hours

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Gillett

Contracted hours

Post by Gillett »

Hi,

I have applied for a role with 30hrs my question is will I be doing more hours a week to top up my wages or will it be stuck at 30?

ted_e_bear

Re: Contracted hours

Post by ted_e_bear »

Gillett wrote:
09 Sep 2023, 14:36
Hi,

I have applied for a role with 30hrs my question is will I be doing more hours a week to top up my wages or will it be stuck at 30?
Overtime isn't guaranteed but it's more than likely going to be available, I know that's not a definite answer it'll depend on the staffing at the office you start working at, you could ask at the interview which would give you a bit more info.
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by fb1969 »

Be aware that the 1.25 times your normal rate that is in the advert only kicks in after 40 hours, so the first 10 hours of overtime are at the standard rate.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
Foxel
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by Foxel »

How many days are you down for? If 5, there are not many 6 hour shifts and with the staff shortages it is more likely you'll be put in for 7:30 + hour shifts. In my DO's anyone can work their day off, and there is 'currently' endless OT.
I'm turning purple!
Gillett

Post by Gillett »

I have applied for a role working 5 days, which can include weekends so is it worth not taking any notice of my contracted hours no?
Valentina@1

Post by Valentina@1 »

Just a quick question:…was the “bleep test” part of the application process?
As you’ll need the cardio of a trained athlete to do delivery’s in RM .
Also forget having any sort of social/family life,we are treated like donkeys
Foxel
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by Foxel »

Gillett wrote:
10 Sep 2023, 07:36
I have applied for a role working 5 days, which can include weekends so is it worth not taking any notice of my contracted hours no?
I'm on a 24 hour contract and I wish I could just work that. I'm on shifts that add up to the top end of the 30's.
I'm turning purple!
Gillett

Post by Gillett »

So no need to take notice of your contracted hours then!