ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Being a spare sucks!

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
mrsdoubtfire

Being a spare sucks!

Post by mrsdoubtfire »

Hello All

Have worked for RM for just over a year, P/T. Lucky enough to have had a regular round which was absorbed in the ridiculous revisions. Now I am all over the place and hating it. Am bringing work back when it is cut off time but manager having a go and moving me about even more. Any tips?

pieoftheday

Re: Being a spare sucks!

Post by pieoftheday »

mrsdoubtfire wrote:
26 Apr 2023, 17:11
Hello All

Have worked for RM for just over a year, P/T. Lucky enough to have had a regular round which was absorbed in the ridiculous revisions. Now I am all over the place and hating it. Am bringing work back when it is cut off time but manager having a go and moving me about even more. Any tips?
People on a regular walk are bringing back stuff every day, I never complete, just try not to worry about it. As for being moved about, its the way of things when you're spare
SMS1969

Post by SMS1969 »

You have a finish time unless you want to go over. If the manager doesn’t like it then tough! Don’t let them grind you down, stand your ground.
Numberone63
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by Numberone63 »

Just do only what you have to. Start on time, take break, end on time. It WORKED there for 14 years and only had a regular signed for walk for 14 months of that. Then in the latest revision lost that in the resign and became a spare again.
mrsdoubtfire

Post by mrsdoubtfire »

Thanks for replying. Problem is being slow prepping on a new round and if they take you off it after one or two days what is the point? Hate taking stuff back but the rounds are too big now especially if you are new to them. Also stupidly managed to trip over today and graze myself badly, no manager at the office, accident report to fill in?