ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Network and Collections Driver - Shift/Driving Allowances?

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Network and Collections Driver - Shift/Driving Allowances?

Post by Lockardian »

I have seen a vacancy for a fixed term contract Network and Collections Driver, which is working night shifts (between 1700 and 0700), driving a Sprinter Van between NDC/EMA and northern Mail Centres.

The pay rate is advertised as £11.59 per hour with no mention of shift allowance or driving allowance. I know terms and conditions are changing (or TPTB want to change them), so is it possible there will be no such allowances and that’s the actual pay rate? The ad also mentions monthly pay which I don’t think is the norm?

ted_e_bear

Re: Network and Collections Driver - Shift/Driving Allowances?

Post by ted_e_bear »

Wow looks like they're rolling out the new crap terms all over.
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by fb1969 »

Those are the standard terms and conditions that RM brought in from 1 November 2022. No extra allowances at all and overtime only kicks in over 40 hours.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
wallan

Post by wallan »

That seems to be the rate of pay for R M ( RELAY ) Drivers , they are on different terms & conditions
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Lockardian »

wallan wrote:
10 Mar 2023, 07:33
That seems to be the rate of pay for R M ( RELAY ) Drivers , they are on different terms & conditions
I believe this job vacancy comes under Distribution though (not sure if Relay does as that’s a different thing altogether, isn’t it?)

Pretty crap wage really for a nightshift. I get over £4 an hour more as an Angard Casual in processing and distribution and that’s all site based.
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by Navalron »

fb1969 wrote:
10 Mar 2023, 07:18
Those are the standard terms and conditions that RM brought in from 1 November 2022. No extra allowances at all and overtime only kicks in over 40 hours.
No they still get shift allowances.