ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Seasonal Mail Sorter (Birmingham) enquiry

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
ty-ae1

Seasonal Mail Sorter (Birmingham) enquiry

Post by ty-ae1 »

Hi all, new here. I applied for the seasonal mail sorter role on 16/09/2022 and in that same week I’ve completed my Ucheck. 2 months has passed and I get an update that my application has passed to the compliance team. I then checked my candidate profile and it says check in progress. My question is does the process normally take this long.

Bazbuz

Re: Seasonal Mail Sorter (Birmingham) enquiry

Post by Bazbuz »

I feel for you getting no replies. I don't know the answer and probably most on here don't. And add to that there is a massive shitstorm going on. Good luck.
livewirer

Post by livewirer »

ty-ae1 wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 22:38
Hi all, new here. I applied for the seasonal mail sorter role on 16/09/2022 and in that same week I’ve completed my Ucheck. 2 months has passed and I get an update that my application has passed to the compliance team. I then checked my candidate profile and it says check in progress. My question is does the process normally take this long.
I applied in early September, the applications & Ucheck was done in a matter of days. I then waited about 3.1/2 weeks for my job offer which had a start date of Nov 28 but was subsequently brought forward. Why they bothered putting mail shot flyers through random people's doors right through Sept/ Oct with big banners outside MCs saying "Apply For Christmas" god only knows when this has happened to you. That's bad that you've been messed about.
ty-ae1

Post by ty-ae1 »

Update: They sent me an 'Invitation to Document Check' email last week Thursday which I completed the day after. That same day, my DBS was completed and another was sent saying my pre-employment and criminal checks were complete and they will be in touch soon. I've been now put on the waiting list.
ted_e_bear

Post by ted_e_bear »

ty-ae1 wrote:
14 Dec 2022, 00:32
Update: They sent me an 'Invitation to Document Check' email last week Thursday which I completed the day after. That same day, my DBS was completed and another was sent saying my pre-employment and criminal checks were complete and they will be in touch soon. I've been now put on the waiting list.
Waiting list, wtf, I'll stick my neck out here and hazard a guess that there's plenty of work currently available for you to do :crazy: