ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Thanks, I hate it

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Plobobble

Thanks, I hate it

Post by Plobobble »

I've simply had enough.

I hate vertical letterboxes, low letterboxes, spring loaded letterboxes, narrow letterboxes, hidden letterboxes, painted over letterboxes. I hate letterboxes. I didn't think I could but I do.

I hate gravel paths, slate paths, cars parked too close together, I hate big vans parked on narrow drives, I hate houses with no f***ing numbers, I especially hate multiple houses in a row with no f***ing numbers.

I hate floppy packets and stiff letterboxes. I hate mossy paths, leafy paths, and uneven stairs. I hate stepping stones that are too far apart on grass they don't want anyone to walk on. I hate doors that have been egged and not cleaned, letterbox blockers, dog s**t, dirty doors, and intercoms covered in literal feces.

I love dogs but I hate customers who don't control their dogs and let their f***ing husky jump up with its paws on your shoulders so you're face to face with it. I hate long drives, huge estates, Halloween decorations that cover the letter box, taped up letterboxes, I hate signs pointing to letterboxes found around the corner and over a bridge.

I hate wheelie bins, I hate people using wheelie bins as a gate?? I don't want to touch your bins, do you want to touch mine??

There is more, but let's keep it light hearted.

guardianangel

Re: Thanks, I hate it

Post by guardianangel »

The krypton factor note,"please leave parcel around back through the gate go to the right upto the garage look left and leave in the wendy house."
NW11851

Post by NW11851 »

739 it. Let them collect from the DO CSP when it’s open.
clashcityrocker

Post by clashcityrocker »

Plobobble wrote:
29 Oct 2022, 20:02
I've simply had enough.
And you haven't even mentioned the spiders.
Why not phone up Robin Hood
bertie

Post by bertie »

Or the people....

Who won't answer the door until you've wrote and posted the 739 and you're half way down the street (Didn't you knock? Nah, that's too easy).

Who meet you at the door while you're trying to find/scan/photograph a packet (which always ends up being postable then they look at you strangely).

Who see you on your walk and say 'anything for me postie?' (There might be, let me just pop back to the van and have a search, won't take me long, if I'm lucky I'll go down the conduct code for handing stuff out on the street).

Who comment how late you are nowadays (then want you to listen to their lifestory).

...and the spiders of course ( who cunningly weave there webs outside front doors at face height no matter how tall you are).&
ted_e_bear

Post by ted_e_bear »

Stickers that say no junk mail
ted_e_bear

Post by ted_e_bear »

Oh just remembered one of my personal favourites, when someone opens the door and presses their doorbell to prove that it does work
postmanzach

Post by postmanzach »

Plobobble wrote:
I've simply had enough.

I hate vertical letterboxes, low letterboxes, spring loaded letterboxes, narrow letterboxes, hidden letterboxes, painted over letterboxes. I hate letterboxes. I didn't think I could but I do.

I hate gravel paths, slate paths, cars parked too close together, I hate big vans parked on narrow drives, I hate houses with no f***ing numbers, I especially hate multiple houses in a row with no f***ing numbers.

I hate floppy packets and stiff letterboxes. I hate mossy paths, leafy paths, and uneven stairs. I hate stepping stones that are too far apart on grass they don't want anyone to walk on. I hate doors that have been egged and not cleaned, letterbox blockers, dog s**t, dirty doors, and intercoms covered in literal feces.

I love dogs but I hate customers who don't control their dogs and let their f***ing husky jump up with its paws on your shoulders so you're face to face with it. I hate long drives, huge estates, Halloween decorations that cover the letter box, taped up letterboxes, I hate signs pointing to letterboxes found around the corner and over a bridge.

I hate wheelie bins, I hate people using wheelie bins as a gate?? I don't want to touch your bins, do you want to touch mine??

poetic, I like it. Welcome. How long you beeen doing it? Shin splints, sore feet, bad back not on the list yet got all those joys to look forward to.
Stretch, and maybe even go to the gym if you never been before some low weight leg work will help tremendously imo. Makes climbing up and down stairs a little sore the next day but pays off long term. Your an athlete now! A low paid athlete but yeah that was a headline at some time in their courier.
FAB

Post by FAB »

I hate those cheap plastic door bells which don’t press properly. And unless you hear the ring can never be sure it actually works! Or door knockers which do work but told not to use them as they are only ornamental! :crazy:
Mrpmrp

Post by Mrpmrp »

:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
Plobobble wrote:
I've simply had enough.

Basildon Bond

Post by Basildon Bond »

Press the bell and if you cannot hear it - da, da-da-da-da, da-da knock on the door with the corner of the PDA. Save your knuckles.
Foxel

Post by Foxel »

Plobobble wrote:
This is great like a Dr Zeus book.
I'm turning purple!
norris9

Post by norris9 »

Plobobble wrote:
I've simply had enough.

I've got to this point now.... I was mostly viewing the job in a positive light, like the fellow posties, like walking, like the early finishes....

but all of the above + what everyone else added + mainly management telling me I am slow when I am not and telling me to do the impossible, whilst managing the office like someone with an IQ of 10 would..... it's just pure frustration and impossible to work with people like this.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

clashcityrocker wrote:
30 Oct 2022, 09:47
Plobobble wrote:
I've simply had enough.
And you haven't even mentioned the spiders.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Dorset Plodder

Post by Dorset Plodder »

That's what I LOVE about this job .... There's just so much to HATE! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)