ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

All uniform out of stock

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Scottspa76

All uniform out of stock

Post by Scottspa76 »

Trying to order my new uniform as I start next week but every single item is out of stock so what am I supposed to do :confused

aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: All uniform out of stock

Post by aiden01 »

Scottspa76 wrote:
15 Jul 2022, 19:29
Trying to order my new uniform as I start next week but every single item is out of stock so what am I supposed to do :confused
Wait like rest of us
Scottspa76

Post by Scottspa76 »

aiden01 wrote:
15 Jul 2022, 20:00
Scottspa76 wrote:
Wait like rest of us
Very abrupt. Thanks
priority102
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by priority102 »

Scottspa76 wrote:
16 Jul 2022, 04:04
aiden01 wrote:
Scottspa76 wrote:
Wait like rest of us
Very abrupt. Thanks
Welcome to the world of Royal Mail.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

aiden01 wrote:
Scottspa76 wrote:
Wait like rest of us
Abrupt, but sadly accurate - check out our new starters advice thread and wear what will make you comfortable, Also take lots of drinks with you.

After you start advise the manager and they should be able to order some for you.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
Now retired
RoboPostie

Post by RoboPostie »

I wore my own stuff for about 9 months while first working at Royal Mail, as I started as a temp. I just wore outdoorsy stuff- lightweight trousers or shorts, waterproof jacket, in muted colours. Comfy, breathable walking shoes. Hopefully they will have a spare hi-viz vest to give you- that's all you really need to mark yourself out as a postie.
twoloops

Post by twoloops »

In our office they seem to hold back a few extra weeks before ordering female uniforms, not sure if it's a national thing?
Skuse
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Skuse »

RoboPostie wrote:
17 Jul 2022, 09:47
I wore my own stuff for about 9 months while first working at Royal Mail, as I started as a temp. I just wore outdoorsy stuff- lightweight trousers or shorts, waterproof jacket, in muted colours. Comfy, breathable walking shoes. Hopefully they will have a spare hi-viz vest to give you- that's all you really need to mark yourself out as a postie.
Good advice ! I’m a driver and wear my own grey North Face shorts (because uniform ones are crap and The fit is crap also , our yellow stormproof is ok and I wear RM boots
Distribution are not getting new uniform until next year and I need a new fleece I will have to ask my manager to order one I think