ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Relating to pay.

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Woody Guthrie

Re: Relating to pay.

Post by Woody Guthrie »

The excuse used by the union for accepting such a low overtime rate was to disincentivise members from working overtime and force Royal Mail to resource properly.

This was/is either extremely stupid or completely made up bollocks, I've not decided which.

Anybody with half a brain knows that the way to disincentivise the use of overtime as a resourcing tool is to make it prohibitively expensive for the business to use.

If Royal Mail were forced to pay double or even time and a half there would be far more full-time staff, people would be less inclined to work for free and there would be more incentive to equalise deliveries.
Only dead fish follow the current

heapsy

Post by heapsy »

Anderson21 wrote:
01 Jun 2022, 17:44
clashcityrocker wrote:
01 Jun 2022, 17:03
You will get paid on the Friday after you start. 2/7/
Nothing extra for doing parcels - just the hourly rate.
Check your contract you might be expected to work Sunday.
Thanks for that mate.. I shall check the contract once I receive it. Cheers
Record your overtime on a daily basis. At the end of your shift, leave a note, clearly written with your name at the top. When you get home, write it down like a list. Monday, Tuesday etc, with the hours against each day. If you get paid for something separately, say 30 minutes extended delivery, then 2 hours for doing parcels, write them as that, not lumped together as one. At the end of the week, get your line manager to check your hours. Mine reminds me on the Friday to give a list on Saturday for checking. Easier to work out where things have gone wrong / missing. I do different things to create an overtime docket, day off, callers office in the evening, Sunday, even Saturday this week gone. If you get SA overtime, ( an enhanced rate) write it as such, so you know what it is.
hollie_bond97

Post by hollie_bond97 »

Hi there, I’m a new starter and have just worked my first 3 days on parcels! I am on the new monthly pay scheme and would like to know when pay day is? As I have not been told much information
heapsy

Post by heapsy »

hollie_bond97 wrote:
10 Jul 2023, 09:17
Hi there, I’m a new starter and have just worked my first 3 days on parcels! I am on the new monthly pay scheme and would like to know when pay day is? As I have not been told much information
Almost certain it will be the 1st of the month. Managers and LA1 and LA2 grades are paid on that date, so I expect it will be the same.
Scointer

Post by Scointer »

For monthly paid workers (which new contracts are) pay day is always the last working day of the month.