ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

New starter general Questions

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Anderson21

New starter general Questions

Post by Anderson21 »

Well hello there royal mail gang.. new member here, just waiting on my start date after backround checks ect. I'm very excited to get going, the depot i got the position at, I used to be parcel courier in the same areas, so I'm hoping that's half the battle won. Now.. my contract is 27.5hrs a week Monday-Saturday with a rotating day off, on a fixed term (still unsure on the length of term) my start and finish times are split.. could be 8am-2pm or 15.00-20.00, my question being here, I've never seen the latter time mentioned on any of the posts I've clicked on.. does anyone know if this certain bracket signifies a certain role, or task? Apart from that, has anybody got any good heads up advice for a new / part timer ? Anything to keep an eye on? Or mistakes easily avoidable ect? I look forward to engaging with you all..
cheers

POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Re: New starter general Questions

Post by POSTMAN »

15.00-20.00 is probably in what we call an LAT office, delivering parcels...
search.php?keywords=LAT

Welcome to hell. :crazy: :Very Happy
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
gimba

Post by gimba »

I always tell new people

Don't compare yourself to those that have been here for years, your priority should be accuracy, not speed, as speed comes naturally once you know what you're doing properly

Don't know a round, see a front door open? Don't bother delivering, could easily be a dog inside, maybe try again later if you have time when the door is shut
Anderson21

Post by Anderson21 »

POSTMAN wrote:
13 Apr 2022, 21:04
search.php?keywords=LAT

Ahhh so parcel drops? I wonder how many is expected to be dropped in that time.. we'll see haha, thanks for the reply.
TopperGas

Post by TopperGas »

Anderson21 wrote:
13 Apr 2022, 22:09
POSTMAN wrote:
search.php?keywords=LAT

Ahhh so parcel drops? I wonder how many is expected to be dropped in that time.. we'll see haha, thanks for the reply.
That all depends on the area you'll be asked to cover, if it's a town one I understand the average expected is 20 drops per hour, the late start could also include collections as all ours start around 15:00, that time seems a bit late for LATs, particularly during the winter months when nobody wants to answer the door after 6pm.
Norfolk 'N' Chance

Post by Norfolk 'N' Chance »

TopperGas wrote:
14 Apr 2022, 20:46
Anderson21 wrote:
13 Apr 2022, 22:09
POSTMAN wrote:
search.php?keywords=LAT

That all depends on the area you'll be asked to cover, if it's a town one I understand the average expected is 20 drops per hour, the late start could also include collections as all ours start around 15:00, that time seems a bit late for LATs, particularly during the winter months when nobody wants to answer the door after 6pm.
6pm? I was regularly out to 9 and 10pm last year during peak, delivering the LAT's. Delivered my final one of the day at 22.15 one day!