ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Immediate Rejection

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
RyanH96

Immediate Rejection

Post by RyanH96 »

Afternoon everyone!

I've seen this posted a few times here and there, but I just wanted a more definitive answer if possible. I applied to 3 separate positions as a postperson in my local area and got the instantly rejected email for not hitting the minimum criteria. Does anyone have any tips for bypassing this filter, I think I'm very qualified to do this job and would like someone to actually view my CV.

Is there any way I can email/phone someone in order to find out where my application failed?

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Immediate Rejection

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

We aren't an official site so probably best to NOT post your CV here. However, bitter experience has taught us that if you keep applying eventually you may make the interview stage and then even if not selected for the job you might be offered a place on the waiting list.

Generally, the minimum criteria are a relatively clean licence, the ability to drive, and a decent knowledge of the local area you are going to be working in.

For your CV highlight when you have worked alone when you had tight deadlines when you had to use your initiative, when you worked as a member of a team, and when you showed flexibility. Get those into the CV and hopefully, you would make the interview stage.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."