ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Is it as terrible as it sounds in these forums?

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
TopperGas

Re: Is it as terrible as it sounds in these forums?

Post by TopperGas »

BieberBear wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 08:02
Thought I would come back and update you all! I have now been with Royal Mail for six weeks at the Bristol Mail Centre and I have to say I'm loving it now! I was so worried before I started, but I needn't have. Maybe it's because I'm in a mail centre and not a delivery office, but I've not been forced to work overtime (or even asked yet), my managers are all really nice, training has been mostly great, the work is enjoyable and times goes quickly, hour break time, everyone is so friendly and I'm already starting to feel like I belong.

I think I got lucky getting this job though as the three others who started same day as me have all had recent experience there (two of them have been temping there for over a year before getting job offer). When people there have asked if I was a casual to start with and I've said no, they've seemed genuinely shocked that I got a job there!

So, the verdict is - I'm very happy and can see me staying for a long long time!
How are the other 3 finding it having worked there over a year/during the busy Christmas period?

BieberBear

Re: Is it as terrible as it sounds in these forums?

Post by BieberBear »

I haven't asked them, but they seem happy enough! I haven't actually worked 'with' them as such so not had a chance to really get to know them yet. One of them did say that he was looking forward to next Christmas and seeing some casuals he worked with again. He was also pointing out frames that are pushed up against a wall and saying they are all out for the Christmas period and more of the machines are going. I hadn't really noticed that half of them weren't being used until he said that!

They must have enjoyed the job if they applied to go permenant after temping for over a year I suppose!