ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How long do you keep trying?

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Norfolk 'N' Chance

How long do you keep trying?

Post by Norfolk 'N' Chance »

Hi all,

After 6 unsuccessful applications under my belt this year alone, I managed to get an interview on my 7th application. I was in quite high spirits and I spent many hours preparing and I did as much research so that I could do my best in the interview.

On the interview day I was nervous, but I honestly felt that I did pretty well. Today I got the "Were sorry" email and to say im gutted is an understatement. From the wording on the email it looks like its a points win prizes system as it states that there were higher scoring candidates. Some good news I suppose in that the email also states that I did pass the interview. Pass the interview.... almost like RM treat it as a test/exam.

If I didnt know better I'd think this was some sort of forced ranking system thats used here? but of course I cant be sure.

Anyway, so Im now on the 3 month waiting list and I have applications 8 and 9 already in with testing complete, but my question to my learned friends out there is this;

At what point do you give up trying? - Im coming to the conclusion that Im really not the type of person RM are looking for.

ssdd

Re: How long do you keep trying?

Post by ssdd »

I understand you've been unsuccessful a number of times, but you've only had 1 interview. Perhaps if you'd had 6 or 7 interviews rather than just applications, then that may be the point where you would consider alternative employment. I don't know if there's anyone that has been in such a situation with RM before.
It really depends on how much you want the job.
TopperGas

Post by TopperGas »

ssdd wrote:
25 Oct 2021, 20:16
I understand you've been unsuccessful a number of times, but you've only had 1 interview. Perhaps if you'd had 6 or 7 interviews rather than just applications, then that may be the point where you would consider alternative employment. I don't know if there's anyone that has been in such a situation with RM before.
Have you thought of trying the Christmas temp. route in the hope you can impress and then get taken on as permanent if you do? You clearly won't have a clue what other candidates you were up against this time but next time you might be the best candidate. If you do get turned down 3 or 4 times then you might have to consider a different company.
Norfolk 'N' Chance

Post by Norfolk 'N' Chance »

TopperGas wrote:
25 Oct 2021, 20:35
ssdd wrote:
25 Oct 2021, 20:16
Have you thought of trying the Christmas temp. route in the hope you can impress and then get taken on as permanent if you do? You clearly won't have a clue what other candidates you were up against this time but next time you might be the best candidate. If you do get turned down 3 or 4 times then you might have to consider a different company.
Toppergas

Yes i have and Im at the document review stage with Manpower. Bizzarely enough when discussing the role with the agency the DO I just got rejected by is an option! Im quite tempted to take that one if i get through, just to prove to the DOM that I can actually do the job.