ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Interview at Last

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Interview at Last

Post by POSTMAN »

Overtime rates, see this thread for why...
Why is our overtime rate lower than our hourly rate?
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.

Bugsy

Post by Bugsy »

Thanks, that was an interesting read and i can see that went down really well with everyone :Very Happy
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

Bugsy wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 14:56
Thanks, that was an interesting read and i can see that went down really well with everyone :Very Happy
We have a gift, that keeps on giving, it's lovely. :Very Happy :crazy:
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Bugsy

Post by Bugsy »

I wondered why you were still there :funneh
Bugsy

Post by Bugsy »

I was sent several emails late on Friday evening and there is so much to go through that i am wondering why on earth have they sent everything so late. It would be fine if i had nothing to do at the week-end but this is proving to be a very hectic week-end as i knew it would be with today being extremely hectic.

There are so many forms to sign, send back, read etc and obviously no-one to contact until Monday when i have my induction day.
On the main letter where i have been given my employee number it states if you have any questions regarding pensions ring this number and questions for the defined contribution plan ring this number, which i would have rung by now had i received it earlier, plus a link which goes to a blank page when i click on it. I am obviously going to have to ring first thing on Monday morning and go through this to make sure i have all the details before i sign anything but everything is so rush, rush, rush.

I am only on a 6 month contract so is it worth joining both these schemes if indeed i am not kept on after my contract ends? If i could get some opinions i would appreciate it. Finally when does these forms i.e contract, pensions, defined contribution plan etc have to be returned by and why is everything sent so late?