ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Any guidance for online situational analysis tests please..

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
pepasimjenjer

Any guidance for online situational analysis tests please..

Post by pepasimjenjer »

Hi, I've applied about 10 times for postie jobs in the last 3 months and not made it to interview yet.
The online test I'm probably failing on is about different everyday situations you may be faced with like a customer running after you in the street with a card you dropped through their door but without any ID, do you give them the parcel you had for them or insist on going back to their house with them or tell them they have to pick it up the next day etc.
So I'm not after any specific answers here but general guidance; are you meant to play it strictly by the book at all times, or are you meant to do whatever it takes to help the customer most, or are you meant to prioritise speed of delivery above everything, or what combination? And how much of the time do you escalate to management (if ever?)

yellowbelly

Re: Any guidance for online situational analysis tests please..

Post by yellowbelly »

Strictly by the book at all times! In the situation you describe (and it's not a secret, it's been discussed on other
threads on the site), you can only deliver on the customers doorstep (with them proving that they are the occupant
of the house by answering the door) delivering the item and obtaining the card off them.

The reasoning I suppose is that anyone could retrieve the red card from an external letterbox or even from
a normal letterbox if it doesn't drop down and chase you down the street for a parcel that's not theirs.
Also if it's a scannable item, the GPS co-ordinates from the scan show it was delivered to the correct property.

This does happen. I've also had loiterers in tower block stairwells say 'Anything for number 10 mate' and I have no clue who they
are. Not a chance. Sometimes you'll get to number ten and they've followed you and they are the occupant and you'll
get called a jobsworth or such like but at least you've got a job and intend to keep it!

Ultimately in any of these scenarios mail security is the aim.

You might get some guidance from the RM Business Standards (a right riveting read) that can be downloaded from
https://www.myroyalmail.com/employment-policies
pepasimjenjer

Re: Any guidance for online situational analysis tests please..

Post by pepasimjenjer »

Cheers! Very helpful. :Very Happy