ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

JoinedUp

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
sameer1haq

JoinedUp

Post by sameer1haq »

So basically I work thru agency and I was always thinking what expenses was and today I realised that u can add an expensive such as foods/drink and mileage etc. Does this actually work or not? Each shift I pay around £5 for bus fare (day rider) so does this mean for each shift I can claim all that back or not?

Thanks

NW11851

JoinedUp

Post by NW11851 »

I really doubt it.
Nice try.

They don’t care where you live and how far you have to travel/costs.

All they care about is when you appear at work.

According to
https://www.contractoruk.com/expenses/a ... enses.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It’s classed as committing and is not claimable.

If they wanted you to travel between two MCs in a single shift then either they provide travel or reimburse you.

You are trying it on re food. You have to eat anyway. At some locations there is a subsidised canteen. They don’t have to provide that.

You woukd eat anyway. Why shoukd you expect Angard/RM to bear the cost of feeding you?

Chancer
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

JoinedUp

Post by POSTMAN »

You are not self employed. You get paid through PAYE.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.